Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
KIA EV6 GT-Line AWD
31 Posts
Thursday October 20th there was an announcment made on the Dutch Kia News site the update is available for the EV6 and will be updated by the dealer (so no OTA) at the next service. My car had its service just 3 weeks ago, so I called my dealer if I could receive it earlier. He said I could come next day. So got the update (took almost an hour, free of charge). During a next ride I just selected a nearby charging station in my navigation and a snowflake appeared in the battery symbol and battery care went up to 5.2 kW. After cancelling the navigation the snowflake disappears again. On a next longer ride I will try the preheating effect on charging speed.
View attachment 9731
In France, I am having my 30,000 km maintenance done today and the pre-conditioning update will be done as well. I will test this over the weekend. The post from terpstek is promising !!!

· Registered
KIA EV6 GT-Line AWD
31 Posts
Kia press release from 10/20: "Battery conditioning now available on all MY22 EV6 models"
Version Française

· Registered
KIA EV6 GT-Line AWD
31 Posts
Bonjour!

How about your testing of the pre-conditioning? Did you improve the charging times?

Regards
buenas noches danutopik81,

I was hoping KIA would do the update when I was in for my 2 years / 30,000 km maintenance end of october (I only had the EV6 for one year but I am now very close to 30,000 km), but they could not do it then.
I now have an appointment this coming Wednesday (in 2 days) specifically for this update. I will definitively go test the pre-conditioning late Wednesday or Thursday for sure.

I will let you know,

Best regards

Pierre Paul C.

· Registered
KIA EV6 GT-Line AWD
31 Posts
So, am I the only person here that's happy with the EV6 charge times??? 🤔
I am generally happy with charge speed…. In summer / warmer weather.!!
But last winter it took from November to March before I saw a charge above 220 kWh (and this first time above 200 kWh was the 3rd HPC charge of the day with 130 km/h driving for hours before)
The pre-conditioning will come in handy this coming winter (although winter in France is pretty warm compare to what I was used to in Canada)

· Registered
KIA EV6 GT-Line AWD
31 Posts
buenas noches danutopik81,

I was hoping KIA would do the update when I was in for my 2 years / 30,000 km maintenance end of october (I only had the EV6 for one year but I am now very close to 30,000 km), but they could not do it then.
I now have an appointment this coming Wednesday (in 2 days) specifically for this update. I will definitively go test the pre-conditioning late Wednesday or Thursday for sure.

I will let you know,

Best regards

Pierre Paul C.
WELL !!! The KIA mechanics at my dealer could NOT download the upgrade….. They will call me to set up another appointment to get pre-conditioning update . Soon I hope !!!Ù0
¨ÇÀÈÉ;LP

· Registered
KIA EV6 GT-Line AWD
31 Posts
In France, I am having my 30,000 km maintenance done today and the pre-conditioning update will be done as well. I will test this over the weekend. The post from terpstek is promising !!!
WELL… the pre-conditioning update was finally done yesterday. !! It took 3 visits . To make a long story short, the dealer received an USB stick last week and could do the update with it. It did not work at first because there was additional updates to download as well but in the end it looks OK.
I will test that next week when I get close to an HPC charger.
I see from a FB EV6 group in France that quite a few had the update done since mid-november.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts