Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2022 Gravity Blue EV6 AWD w/ Tech Package
345 Posts
Bonjour, la lettre ne mentionne pas la version 2022. Mais seule la version 2022
Sorry, I did not see your post. You are correct in the letter it does not mention the MY2022 battery pre-conditioning feature but the same person who posted the letter and has the connection to Kia mentioned in the thread that the MY2022 update that was supposed to be released in Q1 2022 will be released in Fall 2022 for MY2022 cars. I hope that is true since the changes between MY2022 and MY2023 are mostly cosmetic except for the battery preconditioning so it does not appear in the US additional hardware is needed.

· Registered
345 Posts
These folks saw a 20% hit in winter weather. Sadly, EV6 was not in their summer test, but it still had better efficiency in the cold than anyone but Tesla.
It was in their summer test, Whatcar: We drive 10 EVs until they died. The summer range was 278mi and winter was 228mi. This is 18% loss of range and a 14% loss of efficiency. An 18% loss of range is very modest for an EV in winter. I am guessing the heat pump has a lot to do with this.

· Registered
345 Posts
I’ve definitely heard of people driving intentionally inefficient to try to heat the battery, but I’ve never heard that it actually heats it enough to matter for DCFC. Even if you drive like a monster, most of that heat ends up in the motor and drive electronics, and it’s removed by design and not to the battery.
The problem and the major benefit of the 800V platform is that it tends to run colder than a 400V platform because it can run at lower amperage. The lower amperage means lower heat so you may be right that yo-yoing may not raise the battery temp much. I would need to go back and review Bjorn Nyland's videos were he tries to raise the temp of the battery by yo-yoing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts