Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone with a RWD version of EV6 in the US please confirm whether it has a battery warmer/heater. If it does, then the car should have the Winter Mode available, I believe. I could find nothing about this in the official specifications. There is lots of contradicting information online and I'm not sure what to believe. I'm aware that RWD models don't have heat pumps in the US, but the battery heater should, in theory, be an independent system.

Thank you.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line (AWD) White
110 Posts
Thank you. This is very reassuring. It would be great to hear about Wind RWD model as well. I came very close to buying an Ioniq 5, but the lack of a battery heater ended up being a deal breaker for me.
Ioniq 5 also have battery heaters per default... you might mean heat pump? The heat pump only make the heating more effecient over the old style heaters... but all models have some kind of battery heaters AFAIK...

Winter mode is poorly documented.. its said to have zero effect if the outside temp is above -10C... enable/disabled does nothing under those conditions... but if the temp drops far enough it slightly heats the battery.. do not confuse this for anything like fast charging battery temps...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ioniq 5 also have battery heaters per default... you might mean heat pump? The heat pump only make the heating more effecient over the old style heaters... but all models have some kind of battery heaters AFAIK...
Not in the US:
Font Rectangle Parallel Number Circle

Winter mode is poorly documented.. its said to have zero effect if the outside temp is above -10C... enable/disabled does nothing under those conditions... but if the temp drops far enough it slightly heats the battery.. do not confuse this for anything like fast charging battery temps...
Winter mode might not be working well now, but Kia has promised to come up with battery pre-conditioning via an OTA update later on, IIRC. Without a battery heater this will be problematic. This winter is already over anyway :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts