Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 First Edition
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a Stealth hitch installed and am using a Kuat Sherpa 2 rack. Here is what I learned when mounting the rack:

1. make sure to disable the hands free hatch opening (approach rear end and hatch opens after 5 beeps)
2. make sure to turn off Parking Safety otherwise when reversing the car will automatically lock the brakes. To do this, go to Set Up-Driver Assistance-Parking Safety-turn Off, also Rear Cross Traffic Safety

I find that when restarting the car, it defaults and turns back on the Parking Safety. If anyone has an easier solution, I am all ears.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Had a Stealth hitch installed and am using a Kuat Sherpa 2 rack. Here is what I learned when mounting the rack:

1. make sure to disable the hands free hatch opening (approach rear end and hatch opens after 5 beeps)
2. make sure to turn off Parking Safety otherwise when reversing the car will automatically lock the brakes. To do this, go to Set Up-Driver Assistance-Parking Safety-turn Off, also Rear Cross Traffic Safety

I find that when restarting the car, it defaults and turns back on the Parking Safety. If anyone has an easier solution, I am all ears.
You can turn off the emergency rear brakes by doing a long press on the parking sensor button (instead of going through the settings).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts