Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
Yacht Blue GT-Line AWD
201 Posts
Hmmm, as someone who drives by multiple roadkill deer on any given day, the lack of spread on the headlights is somewhat concerning.
US has completely different regulations than EU, and we will not be getting the same internal structure as the EU either. US will have reflector-type LEDs, which are on the lower end 'Air' trim, while this car uses projector lenses. So, there is still hope!

·
Registered
56 Posts
US has completely different regulations than EU, and we will not be getting the same internal structure as the EU either. US will have reflector-type LEDs, which are on the lower end 'Air' trim, while this car uses projector lenses. So, there is still hope!
Oh, that’s good to know! I knew the US wasn’t getting the matrix/dipping effect stuff, but didn’t realize it was more different than that. Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hmmm, as someone who drives by multiple roadkill deer on any given day, the lack of spread on the headlights is somewhat concerning.
Whilst the matrix lights aren’t amazing they are also not bad. My night time videos appear to have better spread than that posted. They are certainly better than the quad BladeScan lights on my 2020 Lexus RX.👍

·
Registered
389 Posts
A youtuber creating a story for clicks? NEVER :oops::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was worried when I saw Bjorns video and found another test. I think the spread is quite good in this video. Not as concentrated in the center and the matrix led works really good lighting up the road without annoying other drivers.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I was worried when I saw Bjorns video and found another test. I think the spread is quite good in this video. Not as concentrated in the center and the matrix led works really good lighting up the road without annoying other drivers.
Bjorn's video was done with headlights that weren't adjusted properly. I don't know if he made note of that fact or not, but frankly, releasing a video the is viewed as (or is a) "review" of the headlights is pathetic. I didn't see him mention that fact in the video comments, but some views did make note of that. Click-bait crap and part of the reason why I generally do not bother with his videos.

·
Premium Member
Yacht Blue GT-Line AWD
201 Posts
releasing a video the is viewed as (or is a) "review" of the headlights is pathetic.
FWIW, IIHS benchmarks headlights without aiming them, knowing that it's likely that the dealership or owner would not realize it was misaimed. Factory aiming should be taken into account when evaluating headlight performance.

·
Registered
385 Posts
FWIW, IIHS benchmarks headlights without aiming them, knowing that it's likely that the dealership or owner would not realize it was misaimed. Factory aiming should be taken into account when evaluating headlight performance.
I guess if you wish to consider his stuff valid, sure. Yes, IIHS tests based on factory setting due to their considering that aiming is a bit to much for dealers or aftermarket repair places to handle. Doesn't remove the fact that the dealer didn't set the headlights and now we have a youtube "reviewer" with a video saying they suck, when who sucks is the dealer that let it go out for not doing prep.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts