Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone who is looking at the EV6 and has a large dog, here is our 10 month old standard poodle in the back.
Dog Dog breed Toy Hood Vehicle

My plan was always to remove the false floor, which gives an extra couple of inches clearance;

Dog Car Vehicle Carnivore Hood

With the boot down, he is a little squashed when sitting up, but once we start driving he normally settles down so should be fine;

Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Vehicle

(He's a little grumpy about it here, but don't worry he was fine :) )

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Is that with the false floor removed? I am very tempted by the EV6 but have just acquired an English Pointer puppy. She would easily fit now but fully grown I’m not so sure.
Yes, with the floor removed but that's with the dog's bed. Our setter is 32" high so he's quite a tall chap. For short journeys I wouldn't put the seats forward but for long journeys I will.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Many thanks for the reply. I suspect our Pointer will end up shorter than your Setter and we can have the seat backs upright. It means the EV6 can remain my top preference to replace our Outlander PHEV. Phew!!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Our EV6 just replaced an Outlander PHEV too, the main difference is the height of the boot (particularly with the slope of the rear hatch in the EV6) since he likes to sit and look out the window, but overall I think the boot gives him plenty of room.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts