Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our Kia dealer called me yesterday and our glacier FE came in 4 days earlier than expected! The black/deep green two-tone seats look nicer than we expected - pleasantly surprised! Paid MSRP, no hassles, great experience at Youngblood Kia in Springfield, MO. The ChargePoint Flex home charging system was even in a box in the back of the vehicle (we understood earlier that would come later - Nope, it came with it, along with 1,000 hours of charging credit with Electrify America). Sticker says GT-Line trim and it looks great. We finish the process and drive it home today! It came with about 57% charge and is being charged the rest of the way at the dealership. I'll provide updates as I can. The attached photos were taken on a cloudy day, but we think they show the true colors of the seats better than we've seen before. They actually look a little darker than they appear in our photos. In the back seat photo, the far door panel's green area is more like the color in reality. The green is so dark it almost looks black. We love everything about it so far. It drove like a dream! I was hoping for a flat bottom steering wheel, but am very happy with the size and feel as it turned out. It is the smoothest steering, turning vehicle I've ever experienced in over 60 years of driving! Unless something changes, this one was a home run! It's going to get a great test over the next month, knock on wood! Thanks Youngblood Kia for working with us. My two sisters both have Kia & Kia Genesis; this is our first. It looks great with our 2016 red Charger Hellcat!! Now we have two chargers in our garage (LOL)!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,803 Posts
What a great surprise paid the correct costs and the cable was present.

Shame other dealer can not be the same as yours.

Enjoy your car.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Our Kia dealer called me yesterday and our glacier FE came in 4 days earlier than expected! The black/deep green two-tone seats look nicer than we expected - pleasantly surprised! Paid MSRP, no hassles, great experience at Youngblood Kia in Springfield, MO. The ChargePoint Flex home charging system was even in a box in the back of the vehicle (we understood earlier that would come later - Nope, it came with it, along with 1,000 hours of charging credit with Electrify America). Sticker says GT-Line trim and it looks great. We finish the process and drive it home today! It came with about 57% charge and is being charged the rest of the way at the dealership. I'll provide updates as I can. The attached photos were taken on a cloudy day, but we think they show the true colors of the seats better than we've seen before. They actually look a little darker than they appear in our photos. In the back seat photo, the far door panel's green area is more like the color in reality. The green is so dark it almost looks black. We love everything about it so far. It drove like a dream! I was hoping for a flat bottom steering wheel, but am very happy with the size and feel as it turned out. It is the smoothest steering, turning vehicle I've ever experienced in over 60 years of driving! Unless something changes, this one was a home run! It's going to get a great test over the next month, knock on wood! Thanks Youngblood Kia for working with us. My two sisters both have Kia & Kia Genesis; this is our first. It looks great with our 2016 red Charger Hellcat!! Now we have two chargers in our garage (LOL)!
Congrats @Birdiehunter! I wish you many happy years with that car. We have the exact same color on the way but our dealership still does not have an arrival date. So cool they got the charger right and had it ready for you in the trunk. No chance they had the cargo cover hiding underneath the floor? Likely wishful thinking.😁 I'd be interested in seeing what your range looks like once they charge up the car for you.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Best pictures I’ve seen of the green interior.

I love the Glacier colour - it’s along the same lines as Porsche’s Crayon and I nearly bought one to get that colour! 😀

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats @Birdiehunter! I wish you many happy years with that car. We have the exact same color on the way but our dealership still does not have an arrival date. So cool they got the charger right and had it ready for you in the trunk. No chance they had the cargo cover hiding underneath the floor? Likely wishful thinking.😁 I'd be interested in seeing what your range looks like once they charge up the car for you.
Short answer is 301 miles of range dhown at 100% charge. Long story, wintry weather was moving in, and I ended up charging it at home because I was able to have the ChargePoint Flex charging station installed within a few hours after getting both the car and the home charging station to the house. The dealer's Level 2 charger was having issues and bad wintry weather was moving in. Would you believe a truck just ahead of me (on the way home from picking the car up) on Hwy 65 lost a 3' X 3' cardboard box with what appeared to be an AC component in it, right in my center lane! I had just merged onto Hwy 65 from Hwy 60, so I knew nobody was right near me, and was able to swerve into the right lane and avoid it. I looked in the rear view mirror and cars behind me were scattering everywhere with him stopping in the center lane to back up to get what had just dropped off his truck. The car handled the quick swerve and avoidance like a champ!! Anyway, when I plugged it in at home the car was about 51% charge with 145 miles range at 4pm, and at 7pm it was at 69% and projected 3 hrs and 5 minutes to reach 100%. At 9:40 pm it reached 100% charge [25 minutes earlier than the Kia Connect App (Kia Access) projected], with a range of 301 miles. My wife corrected me regarding my original post and said she understood that the dealer had charged it to 51% when we first saw it (hooked to their outside Level 2 charger). I perhaps mistakenly thought it was at that charge when they got it. I'll try to find out from our sales rep when he's back at work how much charge it had at delivery to them. They're in the process of installing more chargers at their dealership, but it's been slow getting things done like a lot of other things.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Short answer is 301 miles of range dhown at 100% charge. Long story, wintry weather was moving in, and I ended up charging it at home because I was able to have the ChargePoint Flex charging station installed within a few hours after getting both the car and the home charging station to the house. The dealer's Level 2 charger was having issues and bad wintry weather was moving in. Would you believe a truck just ahead of me (on the way home from picking the car up) on Hwy 65 lost a 3' X 3' cardboard box with what appeared to be an AC component in it, right in my center lane! I had just merged onto Hwy 65 from Hwy 60, so I knew nobody was right near me, and was able to swerve into the right lane and avoid it. I looked in the rear view mirror and cars behind me were scattering everywhere with him stopping in the center lane to back up to get what had just dropped off his truck. The car handled the quick swerve and avoidance like a champ!! Anyway, when I plugged it in at home the car was about 51% charge with 145 miles range at 4pm, and at 7pm it was at 69% and projected 3 hrs and 5 minutes to reach 100%. At 9:40 pm it reached 100% charge [25 minutes earlier than the Kia Connect App (Kia Access) projected], with a range of 301 miles. My wife corrected me regarding my original post and said she understood that the dealer had charged it to 51% when we first saw it (hooked to their outside Level 2 charger). I perhaps mistakenly thought it was at that charge when they got it. I'll try to find out from our sales rep when he's back at work how much charge it had at delivery to them. They're in the process of installing more chargers at their dealership, but it's been slow getting things done like a lot of other things.
First, I'm glad to hear you were able to avoid an accident!
Secondly, 301 miles! That's encouraging. So basically this car only had a little driving prior to your purchase (I'm assuming only whatever energy is used pulling the car off the transport and then your own personal test drive) when you gave it your first full charge at home at it went past the 274 estimated max range for the AWD.

·
Registered
2022 KIA EV6
1 Posts
Exciting to hear your experience and see your pics, especially of the green interior. my first edition is exactly like yours and due to arrive at the dealer next week. (March 2) Originally was told by some sales people the “market adjustment” and dealer additions, totaling $10K were added to MY cost!!! I wrote to KIA America to protest this greedy practice, several days later I was called by the local dealership management to assure me the market adjustment didn’t apply to me as I ‘had a reservation’… still feel torn as this up charge practice applies to anyone else looking at a new KIA. I can’t help but think this leaves a bad taste in the mouth about KIA America.
Still waiting on answers from the dealer regarding any maintenance service schedule for the EV 6 as well as the free at home level 2 charger. Do you have any insight about the maintenance schedule?
So glad to see your’s arrived with the charger.
Continued good luck with yours! What edition number is yours? Again, thanks for posting! Bet it is nice to have a garage full of chargers!!!

·
Registered
FE Glacier #683
47 Posts
Exciting to hear your experience and see your pics, especially of the green interior. my first edition is exactly like yours and due to arrive at the dealer next week. (March 2) Originally was told by some sales people the “market adjustment” and dealer additions, totaling $10K were added to MY cost!!! I wrote to KIA America to protest this greedy practice, several days later I was called by the local dealership management to assure me the market adjustment didn’t apply to me as I ‘had a reservation’… still feel torn as this up charge practice applies to anyone else looking at a new KIA. I can’t help but think this leaves a bad taste in the mouth about KIA America.
Still waiting on answers from the dealer regarding any maintenance service schedule for the EV 6 as well as the free at home level 2 charger. Do you have any insight about the maintenance schedule?
So glad to see your’s arrived with the charger.
Continued good luck with yours! What edition number is yours? Again, thanks for posting! Bet it is nice to have a garage full of chargers!!!
Attaching the maintenance schedule for the EV6. From the looks of it, just as most other EV'S, there is very little that needs to be accomplished that a simple inspection at any reputable automotive service station couldn't perform. In fact the only fluid that requires replacement is the brake fluid and that doesn't occur until 48,000 miles. All other fluids are detailed to be inspected. Hope this helps you decide whether the dealership that is putting such a rediculous "market adjustment" should be trusted with a maintenance package.

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Music

1 - 13 of 13 Posts