Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a test drive of an EV6 last week and was generally impressed (more so after taking it back to the dealer to have them lower the tyre pressures from ~44 PSI all round... (stop doing this dealers! 馃檮)). However, both my wife and I noticed that the floating arm rest did seem to flex/rattle quite a bit over rough/broken surfaces. To be expected somewhat due to the floating design I suppose but it was worse than I had hoped. Anyone else experienced this?

I guess I could always make sure I have a couple of full bottles in the holders to act as mass dampers but I would rather not have to always do this 馃槃

Registered
Saw this post yesterday and made a mental note to check when I drove the car next. On a bumpy country road I definitely didn't notice any rattles from the centre console or arm rest.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Saw this post yesterday and made a mental note to check when I drove the car next. On a bumpy country road I definitely didn't notice any rattles from the centre console or arm rest.
Ok, perhaps the demonstrator car isn't quite as well put together as the newer builds, or it takes really quite a rough surface to notice it. Either way, it's not a deal breaker, just wondered if anyone else had experienced it.

Registered
Ok, perhaps the demonstrator car isn't quite as well put together as the newer builds, or it takes really quite a rough surface to notice it. Either way, it's not a deal breaker, just wondered if anyone else had experienced it.
Sometimes demonstrators are used as the Dealer's personal car; maybe they just left something inside the centre cubby like a pair of sunglasses.

Registered
Also i like to add that when i drove the demo car a few days back it was all new. Yesterday i visited the dealer and he told me people already destroyed some things in the car, like the seat was already not straight (a really heavy dude testes the car) and also some issues with the wheel.
Some people are very irresponsible when test driving the car so it can also be that.

Registered
On the other hand, the driver鈥檚 seat couldn鈥檛 handle a heavy person? That doesn鈥檛 inspire confidence in durability.
It's nothing to do with weight. Even the cheapest car seats can support a morbidly obese person. The problem will be people fucking around in the demonstrator without any care. I've seen Audi demonstrators with the interior beaten to hell and back and people don't seem to have an issue with Audi's overall build quality.

Rental cars are even worse sometimes. My god, some of the rentals I've had in the past!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts