Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok we now have US prices so let’s see how you would build “your own special” version of this car. For this dream build exercise please draw from existing “global” options including interior and exterior colors that are or may not be not available here in the US, or other countries where this car is sold. Also pick or delete trim items that may or may not be available in your market. Go for it and let’s see what you really want as opposed to what KIA is willing to sell you.

The US-market Kia EV6 is available in 3 unique trim levels, the Light, Wind and GT-Line

Kia EV6 2022 trim levels

Trim levels RWD AWD

Light Yes No

Wind Yes Yes

GT-Line Yes Yes

GT No Yes

The entry-level Light trim is only available with rear-wheel drive, while the upper trims, the Wind and sporty GT-Line offer both, the rear-wheel drive and Dual Motor e-AWD.

The range-topping Kia EV6 GT (GT trim level) with more than 500 horsepower and a mere 3,5 seconds from 0-60 mph will arrive later this year and will be offered with AWD exclusively.

Depending on the configuration, the all-new Kia EV6 2022 offers up to 320 horsepower and an EPA rated all-electric range of up to 310 miles on a single charge.

EPA-rated driving range of Kia EV6

RWD: 58.0 kWh battery with a 168kW rear motor boasts 167 horsepower and a driving range of up to 232 miles on a single charge (Light RWD)

RWD: 77.4 kWh battery with a 168kW rear motor boasts 225 horsepower and a driving range of up to 310 miles on a single charge (Wind RWD & GT-Line RWD)

Dual Motor e-AWD: 77.4 kWh battery with a 74kW front motor and a 165kW rear motor boasts 320 horsepower up to 274 miles of range on a single charge (Wind AWD, GT-Line AWD)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Anyone in the colder northern states considering the Wind RWD or GT-Line RWD? I value range as the most important feature, will I regret this without a heat pump or heater? It'll be -10F in Chicago tonight. 🥶

·
Registered
629 Posts
Frankly, I'd be quite happy with an AWD GT-Line as-is, as long as I can get one at MSRP. I'm glad to see they didn't skip out on any notable features from other markets, like Audi did with the Q4. The only thing not available here that I'd really like is the dashcam option they have in Korea.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I think I would go for a Wind or GT in Deep Forest Green exterior, saddle / brown interior without the black fender trim pieces, without any glass in the roof, without a lot of that dashboard / interior fluff, alloy wheels without plastic / metal overlays, the best stereo they can provide. They could drop anything that takes away from me being a driver and encourages me to go along for a ride. I am looking to DRIVE this thing! Give me a 2" receiver so I can tow a small trailer. There will be more as I think about it.
Wheel Tire Sky Car Vehicle

·
Registered
95 Posts
Anyone in the colder northern states considering the Wind RWD or GT-Line RWD? I value range as the most important feature, will I regret this without a heat pump or heater? It'll be -10F in Chicago tonight. 🥶
I'm considering it. The heated steering wheel though is also locked behind awd. That's more important than heat pump to me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts