Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to say I was a bit worried going into this new car buying experience.
No one, unless you are a bit touched, likes going to buy a new car.
I often think how nice it must be to order a Tesla. No talking to a salesperson. No haggle. You just pay and wait for your car to show up.
How I wish, (being an introvert,) most things were buy without having to talk.
I have to accept the fact that as of this moment, the car buying process outside of Tesla is traditional.
I started smart. Went to my local dealership. After all they are 5 minutes away.
They have certified EV mechanics and have serviced my Niro many times, up to and including a motor change.
:) long story short, they are a great dealership.
They had an EV6 there and I could not believe it.
Went there and as soon as I got in I realized it was not to be.
The car had 1300 miles on it. There was trash and other items in the car.. The manager was using it as his personal car....
Next came the price. $3700 over MSRP for a car with 1300 miles on it. I didn't even want a white car.
Really? It didn't even smell new... If I'm buying a brand new $50,000 car, it better damn well smell and look new...
Needless to say we walked right on out of there.
Now came the mad scramble.
I was coming off lease with my Niro. Needed a new EV as I will NEVER purchase another gas car.
It was now Ioniq 5 or EV6 with EV6 the #one. If I had to settle, Ioniq 5.
Created a new email address as I planned on contacting a million dealerships in NJ to find an EV6 and wanted to be able to delete it upon a successful sale.
My opening line with dealerships was to tell me if they were charging over MSRP. If they were, please do not respond.
Of course every dealership responded anyway and stated that all dealerships in NJ are charging between 5-10000 over MSRP.
Needless to say I was really worried.

This goes for both KIA and Hyundai. All dealerships were asking at least $2000 over MSRP.

I finally found a dealer about 110 miles away that was willing to sell me an EV6 for MSRP.. Awesome!
Guess what? All the cars he has on order are paid for but if a deal were to fall through!....... Ugh..,. No

A couple days go by. The original dealership 5 minutes away texts me...
What can I do to close this sale....

Well.....
I friggin laid into him... I was insulted with that offer... $3700 over MSRP for a "Used" car was awful, If you would accept that you are a moron.. Etc........

He simply text back..... "Call me."

I did.

He had a brand new EV6 in Gravity Blue waiting in the wings...

This is the color I wanted from day one!

Long story short, I got my Gravity blue EV6 for MSRP not 5 minutes from my house.,,

Who needs Tesla!

Post your buying story!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you happy with your deal????

·
Registered
4 Posts
EV6 Pricing: Do Not Pay Over MSRP, Dealer Markup, Premium, or Market Adjustment

Of the many KIA dealerships we contacted since February 2022, in NY, PA, OH, MI, and IL, for EV6, only one confirmed pricing with no markup, but at MSRP.

This dealer arranged for a test drive within a few hours after our online request. $1,000 deposit (refundable) was required, because they had to order the vehicle in the color and trim we desired, which took about four weeks.

All good things in life require time - we picked up the vehicle yesterday (they will arrange to have the new vehicle shipped to your address at cost)
  • GT Line AWD
  • Runway Red/ Black

Anyone interested, should call LaFontaine KIA in Dearborn, MI and ask for Anthony Trupiano - he is one of the most gregarious people we have encountered in automotive vehicle sales - an absolute delight to work with.

Good luck.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have to say I was a bit worried going into this new car buying experience.
No one, unless you are a bit touched, likes going to buy a new car.
I often think how nice it must be to order a Tesla. No talking to a salesperson. No haggle. You just pay and wait for your car to show up.
How I wish, (being an introvert,) most things were buy without having to talk.
I have to accept the fact that as of this moment, the car buying process outside of Tesla is traditional.
I started smart. Went to my local dealership. After all they are 5 minutes away.
They have certified EV mechanics and have serviced my Niro many times, up to and including a motor change.
:) long story short, they are a great dealership.
They had an EV6 there and I could not believe it.
Went there and as soon as I got in I realized it was not to be.
The car had 1300 miles on it. There was trash and other items in the car.. The manager was using it as his personal car....
Next came the price. $3700 over MSRP for a car with 1300 miles on it. I didn't even want a white car.
Really? It didn't even smell new... If I'm buying a brand new $50,000 car, it better damn well smell and look new...
Needless to say we walked right on out of there.
Now came the mad scramble.
I was coming off lease with my Niro. Needed a new EV as I will NEVER purchase another gas car.
It was now Ioniq 5 or EV6 with EV6 the #one. If I had to settle, Ioniq 5.
Created a new email address as I planned on contacting a million dealerships in NJ to find an EV6 and wanted to be able to delete it upon a successful sale.
My opening line with dealerships was to tell me if they were charging over MSRP. If they were, please do not respond.
Of course every dealership responded anyway and stated that all dealerships in NJ are charging between 5-10000 over MSRP.
Needless to say I was really worried.

This goes for both KIA and Hyundai. All dealerships were asking at least $2000 over MSRP.

I finally found a dealer about 110 miles away that was willing to sell me an EV6 for MSRP.. Awesome!
Guess what? All the cars he has on order are paid for but if a deal were to fall through!....... Ugh..,. No

A couple days go by. The original dealership 5 minutes away texts me...
What can I do to close this sale....

Well.....
I friggin laid into him... I was insulted with that offer... $3700 over MSRP for a "Used" car was awful, If you would accept that you are a moron.. Etc........

He simply text back..... "Call me."

I did.

He had a brand new EV6 in Gravity Blue waiting in the wings...

This is the color I wanted from day one!

Long story short, I got my Gravity blue EV6 for MSRP not 5 minutes from my house.,,

Who needs Tesla!

Post your buying story!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you happy with your deal????
A bit touched indeed.

·
Registered
Kia EV6 First Edition Matte Grey
33 Posts
I was one of the few to get a first edition res which lowkey was a blessing and a curse. I got it in the color interior/exterior I wanted but the car didn't have the gt line styling. Honestly what you get for the first edition package is not worth the premium. But when you take into account the freebies and "first edition features" it ends up being a small premium of under a $1000. The great thing is that I got the car back in early February and the dealership could not charge me a premium for it. When I went to go pick up and actually buy the car, they had a small sticker attached to the window sticker containing dealership additions and markup fees. They were ready to sell it off if I decided to not pick it up. Total added cost was $18k. I kept the side sticker as a joke. The dealership also forgot to take into account local ev incentives when doing the payment calculations. I had to remind them and wait for the guy to confirm. Overall very happy with the car and glad I didn't have to pay a major premium. Minus the payment talks the overall experience was quick and easy.

·
Registered
FE #818
3 Posts
I originally was working with an auto broker to snag either a Ford Mach E or the EV6. He was having a tough time finding inventory and when I found an available FE EV6, he told me to move on it since he didn't have a relationship with the dealer and he said the chance of me getting any inventory in less then 3-5 months was going to be a longshot. So I went about purchasing my First Edition from Fowler Kia in Longmont, Colorado, a 40 minute drive north of Denver. I lucked out being on the right place at the right time in getting it, as the wife of the guy who reserved it liked the Hyundai Ioniq 5 more (maybe one of the forum members :oops:). Seems a lot of reservations we're made from Colorado based on forum membership.

Anyhow, I bought it at MSRP + the destination fee and the experience was flawless without any of the expected car salesmanship issues. To the contrary, almost everyone was pleasant and easy to work with. The only sales bit was with the finance guy trying to get me to add extended warranty stuff, but even that was pretty low key. The only major downside was that they wouldn't take my old car as a trade in (though I don't blame them as it was 10 years old and has less than stellar ratings), so I did lose out on the tax benefit from trading in the vehicle. A shout out to Dumitru, who was my main sales contact with over a decade of experience, who was knowledgeable, courteous and provided great communication before, during and after the purchase and delivery. I would definitely do business with them again and recommend them to anyone considering a Kia.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts