Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m planning to purchase a EV6 GT line, and the salesman tole me that the Charging Cable came to $1400. I’m new at EV’s, but doesn’t the EV 6 come with a charging cable, as standard equipment.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE
57 Posts
Doesn’t come with one. $1400 is a huge rip off for a charging cable. Top rated Chargepoint HomeFlex among others sells for $699. I bought a Morec 40 amp charger $340 on Amazon after I bought the car, came in two days. I also already had a Nema 14-50 outlet in my garage.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE Urban Yellow
93 Posts
No, to the frustration of many here, an EVSE (aka charging cable) is not included with the EV6.

However, $1400 is absurd. EVSE cables (Level 2, meaning 240V) are usually $350-$700 depending upon features (WiFi connectivity w/app, charge capacity, etc.). However, you also need to consider the cost of any electrical work needed at home (outlet, wiring, panel work, installation).

All EV6 purchasers receive 1000 kWh of charging credit from Electrify America (Electrify America: U.S. EV public charging network | Electrify America). Check the website for locations.

·
Registered
54 Posts
The Morec unit is a bad choice for a level 1 unit. It is spec'd to supply 15 amps from a NEMA-15 socket (standard 15 amp variety), but any continuous draw from a 15 amp circuit is limited by the National Electrical Code to 12 amps. The Westabo TurboCord dual-voltage unit is a better pick.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The Morec unit is a bad choice for a level 1 unit. It is spec'd to supply 15 amps from a NEMA-15 socket (standard 15 amp variety), but any continuous draw from a 15 amp circuit is limited by the National Electrical Code to 12 amps. The Westabo TurboCord dual-voltage unit is a better pick.
Ooh, I didn't notice that! I should've looked closer.

I have the Webasto aka AeroVironment TurboCord, but only the 240v unit (my car already has a 120v EVSE, which I almost never use).

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ordered a level 2 charger from BESTBUY and purchased adapters from amazon. The lady that owned the dealership told me that no one makes a level 2 charging cord that you can carry in your car. She also think the level 2 charger is a DC fast charger. 😆

·
Registered
9 Posts
I ordered a level 2 charger from BESTBUY and purchased adapters from amazon. The lady that owned the dealership told me that no one makes a level 2 charging cord that you can carry in your car. She also think the level 2 charger is a DC fast charger. 😆
The lady that owns the dealership needs to learn what she's talking about. A level 2 charger is a 240V AC charger, NOT a DC fast charger.

·
Registered
EV6 Wind AWD w/Tech Package
50 Posts
I got a mopar (Chrysler and Jeep phevs) level 1 charger (12 amps) for$160 new in packaging off eBay and works well for what it is. For level 2, I got a Juicebox 40 for only $550 at Costco and it works great. My utility gives $125 rebate plus $40/yr for it too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts