Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my EV6 about a week ago and I am seriously loving this car. I've been a huge fan of what Kia has been doing for the past several years, so this is my 3rd Kia but my first EV. I'm a data nerd so I love going through all the data points available in this car. I did have one question with regards to mi per kWh and I did search the forum first, but forgive me if this topic has come up in the past. I am attaching a screenshot below of my work commute this morning. On the line labeled Electricity Used, is this electricity used AFTER the energy regenerated is factored in? I've seen people post pictures of the Energy Regenerated being higher than the amount of Electricity Used, so I'm assuming the Electricity Used has to be after the regen is factored in. Additionally, for calculating mi per kWh do I simply divide my overall distance (in this case 11.8) by kWh consumption (in this case 2.468)? The result of that math would be 4.78 mi per kWh. Am I looking at all of this correctly?
Font Electronic device Multimedia Darkness Display device

·
Registered
22 G-Line RWD Yacht Blue
91 Posts
I've poked through my usage data covering my first 900 miles (most of which was highway). I entered all of the values from the trip-level stats in the app then calculated m/kWh two ways: once assuming the recharging is already netted out of the electricity used figure and once with it subtracted out. The calculation using the reported usage (3.45) is much closer to the figure reported by the car (3.3) than the manually netted figure (4.14). My assumption is the "Electricity Used" figure in the app represents usage minus recharging.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Boy, you are a fast driver. At this speed, your car's efficiency is close to 4.9 mi/kWh. I don't think you can get any better than that. The drag force is not a major factor at 25 mi/hr.
It's all suburban/city driving. I think I counted 28 stops lights from home to work... lol. Am I reading these #'s correctly?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Font Darkness Brand Circle Number

With these stats, its supposedly 3.43mi/kWh. This was 95% highway eco mode with 75mph cruise control.

If I subtracted regen from used it was like 4.5mi/kWh, that sounds great but it isn't reality. Idk they report regen power if it doesn't factor into the efficiency calculations.

·
Registered
40 Posts
View attachment 3704

With these stats, its supposedly 3.43mi/kWh. This was 95% highway eco mode with 75mph cruise control.

If I subtracted regen from used it was like 4.5mi/kWh, that sounds great but it isn't reality. Idk they report regen power if it doesn't factor into the efficiency calculations.
I would think that based on the above stats the overall efficiency was 3.43 mi/kWh. Now, if there were no electricity generated from regen, the overall efficiency would drop to 41.63 mi / (12.120 + 2.891) kWh = 2.77 mi/kWh.
Disclaimer: I do not own an EV6 and I might be wrong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts