Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I drive with a camera stuck to my windscreen in case of an accident for insurance purposes. I know the EV6 has at least one forwarded facing camera, 2 side rearward facing cameras and a rear, probably more as I've seen the interesting live "fictional drone" footage while parking the EV6 on a test drive.

My questions are
Are these cameras recording footage while driving?
Does the car capture and flag detected accident footage for easy recall?
Does the car record motion sensed footage while parked (like Tesla's sentry mode).
How does all of this work? (Ie is sentry mode automatic or selected, how do you find the footage of a recording of a trip/accident?)

Many thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi there, I drive with a camera stuck to my windscreen in case of an accident for insurance purposes. I know the EV6 has at least one forwarded facing camera, 2 side rearward facing cameras and a rear, probably more as I've seen the interesting live "fictional drone" footage while parking the EV6 on a test drive.

My questions are
Are these cameras recording footage while driving?
Does the car capture and flag detected accident footage for easy recall?
Does the car record motion sensed footage while parked (like Tesla's sentry mode).
How does all of this work? (Ie is sentry mode automatic or selected, how do you find the footage of a recording of a trip/accident?)

Many thanks
Short answer is 'no' unfortunately. I believe it can be/is enabled in some countries but not in the UK, which is a shame!

·
Registered
17 Posts
The only UK car I have heard about having a built in dash cam is a Citroen, I forget which.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts