Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that it appears that Kia officials might fix the battery heating matters and maybe the EV6 will get OTA software once it reaches USA, I wonder if anyone can tell whether it is feasible for a tall person to sleep in the back with the seats down? This is possible in a Tesla and even in other EVs. Is there something like a camping mode that will keep the inside air temperature near 20 deg.C?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I don't know how tall this person is, but between these two videos he camped in an EV6 just south of the Arctic Circle.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for these! This is helpful. Don't know how tall he is! Looks like he is shorter than me, and he is sleeping diagonally. Does not look promising for a tall person...but who knows. Anyone else know hall tall will work?

·
Registered
255 Posts
I can also tell you that I've seen videos that measure the cargo area and it's about 180cm long with seats folded and about 105cm wide. I expect if you like to stretch out when you sleep you'll find it cramped. And it doesn't lie perfectly flat.

That is longer than the ID.4 and I think the Mach-E, mind you. 🤷‍♂️ But there are bigger EVs on the way. Ariya, Ocean, R1S are likely to all be larger. I think the Tesla Y has a very long cargo area. Plus EV9 / new Ioniq of course.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I jumped in the back of the EV6 on revealing day and see if I would fit. It was a success at 6'1 if diagonal and very doable I'd say!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you Gordi555! I wonder if that passenger seat could be pushed forward enough to gain the additional 3"? Any idea? I see that the EV6 does have "utility mode" which makes camping in it feasible I think.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great news--thanks! I will be sure to try it out before purchase, but this sure makes it more possible.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Now that it appears that Kia officials might fix the battery heating matters and maybe the EV6 will get OTA software once it reaches USA, I wonder if anyone can tell whether it is feasible for a tall person to sleep in the back with the seats down? This is possible in a Tesla and even in other EVs. Is there something like a camping mode that will keep the inside air temperature near 20 deg.C?
I think the same.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I think the same.
You can switch to “Utility mode.”

That lets you power all the stuff in the cabin using the traction battery, which stops the 12v battery from running down.

Press “EV” (top left), then settings icon (bottom centre right) to get the option.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts