Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT: This is a duplicate thread, please head over here:

Right now, those of us who know about the EV6 in Canada are a very small minority, but that will soon change. I was thinking we should share our experiences with our dealers & dealerships for those finding the site in coming days and months. If you've had a good or bad experience, please share it - and any advice about who to work with or avoid at a dealership, or any specific questions to ask first, etc.

Kia Applewood Langley: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I pre-ordered via Kia Applewood Langley, and have been working with Jake Bartlett.

Jake has been absolutely excellent at sharing status, data, and information as it arrives from Kia Canada. I'd say about 50/50 I've seen something posted and reached out to him first, but he's been very open, very helpful, and is himself VERY excited about the car. When asked about add-ons, he said they only charge a $500 admin fee. I haven't "negotiated" anything yet nor of course purchased, but the pre-purchase communication has been top notch, and thus far would very strongly recommend.

Jake either got me info before it was posted here or confirmed it once posted. There's been no guessing, and every interaction has been honest and forthright - exactly what I expect in a pre-order scenario. Kia Canada on the other hand... ;)

I actually was looking for a slightly larger family car to accompany my current mid-size sedan (Q50), and am trading in a 2-seater (Corvette C7). I went to Kia to test drive a Stinger, but it just didn't add enough (loved the car, and LOVED the blind spot view when signalling, every car needs to have that. The Stinger also has excellent handling, a feel that matches its price, and the driver assist were better than most others I was trying).

Jake told me about the EV6; IIRC he described it as a crossover that looked a bit like a wagon; I was definitely not sold, but after driving a Mach-E thought I'd look into BEVs more closely. At first I thought it was ugly but I really really wanted the 360 camera and blind spot view, and have since come around on design.

I entered my email on the Kia website but didn't hear "boo" until Oct 24. Jake also reached out to let me know the process, what to expect, what car the reservation is for, and a bunch of details. It was very handy knowing. And his team made sure to remind myself and I believe several others to get our reservations submitted that day.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Right now, those of us who know about the EV6 in Canada are a very small minority, but that will soon change. I was thinking we should share our experiences with our dealers & dealerships for those finding the site in coming days and months. If you've had a good or bad experience, please share it - and any advice about who to work with or avoid at a dealership, or any specific questions to ask first, etc.

Kia Applewood Langley: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I pre-ordered via Kia Applewood Langley, and have been working with Jake Bartlett.

Jake has been absolutely excellent at sharing status, data, and information as it arrives from Kia Canada. I'd say about 50/50 I've seen something posted and reached out to him first, but he's been very open, very helpful, and is himself VERY excited about the car. When asked about add-ons, he said they only charge a $500 admin fee. I haven't "negotiated" anything yet nor of course purchased, but the pre-purchase communication has been top notch, and thus far would very strongly recommend.

Jake either got me info before it was posted here or confirmed it once posted. There's been no guessing, and every interaction has been honest and forthright - exactly what I expect in a pre-order scenario. Kia Canada on the other hand... ;)
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I am curious about one thing when you were discussing pricing. Have they alluded to the cost of freight/PDI? My dealer has both of those charges as separate line items but I was under the impression that Kia's "freight" is inclusive of everything. Any thoughts?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts