Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like the US GT-line AWD will be around 57 500$.

When I look at a Ioniq 5 US price Vs canadian price, it's almost the same...

I know the US and Canadian trims will be different, but it's good news since I believe EV6 prices will be in the same ballpark as the Ioniq's

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Hmm, the Cdn Ioniq 5 prices are $5k more than the equivalent US ones (e.g. SEL AWD/Preferred LR AWD = US$50,400/Cdn$54,999. Limited AWD/Preferred LRAWD w/ Ultimate Pkg = US$54,400/Cdn$59,990.

The EV6is costlier than the Ioniq 5 in the US, following the pattern elsewhere. No reason to think it won’t be the same in Canada.

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
716 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yes. They can pad the price with other things. Just not officially mark up MSRP. That being said if you know your stuff you can ask to see what they charge and why.

I think in this market it is sensitive to challenge the prices aggressively...…others will take your spot on a new car as the wait for most new EV's is 4-6 months. I find offering to spread the word on the service, sales and grab the sales person's cards helps. Even bring them a Tim's may drop the price $100 bucks or so.

Worth a try.:geek:

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
716 Posts
With Hyundai I essentially told them I wasn't paying it and they obliged. With Kia I'm a little more locked in, although it sounds like they don't get to sell the car to someone else if I refuse it. All that said, my dealer's been good, and if he gives me good trade-in value I'm not going to be too picky over a $500 doc'n fee, especially when you look at what the Americans are having to deal with.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts