Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there one? I have owned a half dozen vehicles in the last twenty five years and every one of them had a blinking, interior red or orange light to indicate that the alarm was activated. My EV6 doesn't seem to have one or it is not activating.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know that the alarm is set. The indicator light is a deterrent for the ne’er-do-well looking for an easy break-in target. The alarm is an announcement of damage done.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Since many if not most vehicle break-ins are perpetrated in order to steal stuff inside the vehicle rather than stealing the vehicle itself, an alarm indicator light isn't going to scare off a smash-and-grab thief. Don't want your car broken into--then make sure you keep valuables either out of sight or don't leave them inside the vehicle at all. Odds are if someone's gonna break into your EV6, it ain't because they want to drive off in it. Trust me, if you leave some item in plain sight inside your vehicle that some perp thinks is worth stealing, no alarm indicator light is gonna deter them from attempting to smash your car window in order to steal said item. In places like San Francisco it's a regular occurrence...

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree with your point that most break ins are for grab and run. But since just about every vehicle now has some sort flashing indicator for an alarm system, the bad guy may assume that the "dark" car does not have an activated alarm. He may feel that he has a greater chance of running off with his booty without loud attention. Is there definitive proof with statistical data? No. But for a fifty cent LED why not use it. I used to work in the Bay Area. Since California has decriminalized crime, certain areas are no-drive-zones. I would like the feature for traveling to states with some sense of law and order.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'm not disagreeing with you in that it would have been nice if Kia had included a simple alarm LED indicator; suspect they didn't do so simply as a matter of cost savings. Same reason why certain models that used to include stuff like locked and/or lighted gloveboxes in past model years no longer offer either/both of them as standard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts