Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone had this problem? My car just reset factory settings when it was parked. Only has about 500 km in it. I drove an hour, parked it with +60% in battery left, then came back to car and all my settings are gone, language is different, HUD is really bright, seat settings won't work from door buttons etc.

I just managed to get everything how I like them and now have to do everything again so I'm quite pissed.

I just want to know is this a common problem and is there something I can do to prevent it? It seems there is some kind of backup tool for settings in Kia Connect app but I haven't used it. Gotta try it now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone had this problem? My car just reset factory settings when it was parked. Only has about 500 km in it. I drove an hour, parked it with +60% in battery left, then came back to car and all my settings are gone, language is different, HUD is really bright, seat settings won't work from door buttons etc.

I just managed to get everything how I like them and now have to do everything again so I'm quite pissed.

I just want to know is this a common problem and is there something I can do to prevent it? It seems there is some kind of backup tool for settings in Kia Connect app but I haven't used it. Gotta try it now.
Hi, I have experienced this twice. Kia support didn’t have much to say about it other than it shouldn’t happen. Unfortunately the auto backup was done almost immediately so it was that of the factory settings. I had to redo everything and then run a manual backup from the KIA Connect app.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Good to know there exists a backup in the app.
Unfortunate that this is manual. But okayish as most of time I play with these four first two weeks and then there is minimal change afterwards

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This happened again. Tried to see cars battery status with Kia Connect app. App said "Network error. Please try again later. Please contact your service partner if the problem persists". I had a flashback that maybe this came up also last time and went to check the car, started it and got a message that factory settings are reseted. This is so annoying. :mad:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Car showed the same message as in this thread. Seems that if there is any connection problems with profile from phone, car will always reset factory settings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts