Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my car back from Fantazy Motorsports in Northridge, CA. They really did a good job with the ceramic pro coating, paint correction, and tint for the driver and passenger side. Can't wash my EV6 for 3 weeks, as coating needs to harden. Very impressed with the coat, feels like glass and looks very clean. They applied the coating on the alloy wheels and all windows. For paint correction, they recommended it to conceal all the scratches on the black parts of the cars like pillars, side mirrors, and bumper grill. It was an extra cost but I'm very happy that they recommended paint correction, the blacks definitely look more black and no scratches.

Attachments

·
Registered
Matte Gray EV6, Nissan Leaf (2013)
228 Posts
Got my car back from Fantazy Motorsports in Northridge, CA. They really did a good job with the ceramic pro coating, paint correction, and tint for the driver and passenger side. Can't wash my EV6 for 3 weeks, as coating needs to harden. Very impressed with the coat, feels like glass and looks very clean. They applied the coating on the alloy wheels and all windows. For paint correction, they recommended it to conceal all the scratches on the black parts of the cars like pillars, side mirrors, and bumper grill. It was an extra cost but I'm very happy that they recommended paint correction, the blacks definitely look more black and no scratches.
Wow! That’s an incredibly beautiful finish. Well done!:cool:

·
Registered
2013 Boxster, 2017 Mercedes GLC 43AMG
23 Posts
Mind if I ask what they charged for the ceramic coating and will it protect from scratches? Did it change the finish appearance in any way?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mind if I ask what they charged for the ceramic coating and will it protect from scratches? Did it change the finish appearance in any way?
Total was around $1900 + Tax just for the Ceramic Pro coat. Total of 4 layers. It didn’t change the finish at all. It looks the same. It will protect from minor scratches but not deep scratches. If you want full protection, PPF is the way to go but it’s expensive to cover the whole car, it would be around $8K cause it’s very labor intensive and has self healing properties. The package I chose came with a lifetime warranty but requires yearly inspection to make sure the coat is in good condition, if they find any issues they will repair.

·
Registered
KIA ev6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
29 Posts
Wanna know a funny thing. I actually brought my car there yesterday and they told me someone got the same package as I had asked for and now I know who. I'm getting the ceramic pro gold as well and a level 1 paint correction for the black plastic parts but I'm getting suntek ceramic window tints.

·
Registered
2013 Boxster, 2017 Mercedes GLC 43AMG
23 Posts
Total was around $1900 + Tax just for the Ceramic Pro coat. Total of 4 layers. It didn’t change the finish at all. It looks the same. It will protect from minor scratches but not deep scratches. If you want full protection, PPF is the way to go but it’s expensive to cover the whole car, it would be around $8K cause it’s very labor intensive and has self healing properties. The package I chose came with a lifetime warranty but requires yearly inspection to make sure the coat is in good condition, if they find any issues they will repair.
Thanks, the car is worth it!

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wanna know a funny thing. I actually brought my car there yesterday and they told me someone got the same package as I had asked for and now I know who. I'm getting the ceramic pro gold as well and a level 1 paint correction for the black plastic parts but I'm getting suntek ceramic window tints.
Yes, he told me someone came with another EV6 Lol! I told him maybe it’s someone from the forums. You can’t go wrong with ceramic pro.

·
Registered
154 Posts
@jamisonl I'm just starting to educate myself about ceramic vs PPF. In terms of the ceramic coating how long does it realistically last before it has to be refinished? I realize your package has a lifetime warranty that requires yearly checkups but does that mean the coating on it's own would only last a year or two? If you didn't have that warranty, how long would it last on it's own?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@jamisonl I'm just starting to educate myself about ceramic vs PPF. In terms of the ceramic coating how long does it realistically last before it has to be refinished? I realize your package has a lifetime warranty that requires yearly checkups but does that mean the coating on it's own would only last a year or two? If you didn't have that warranty, how long would it last on it's own?
Depending on the package you get, it should last up to 5 years or more. The only reason why it requires a yearly check up is because of the warranty. Since it's lifetime warranty, I need to get it checked yearly or else the warranty gets downgraded to 5 years. If there are any issues, they will repair to stay in compliance with the lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,406 Posts
Depending on the package you get, it should last up to 5 years or more. The only reason why it requires a yearly check up is because of the warranty. Since it's lifetime warranty, I need to get it checked yearly or else the warranty gets downgraded to 5 years. If there are any issues, they will repair to stay in compliance with the lifetime warranty.
So if you perform every annual checkup as required, come the 5 year mark, do they recoat the entire car or just keep checking it every year? I mean at some point during "lifetime" they would have to recoat it correct? And thats at no additional cost because of the package you chose?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So if you perform every annual checkup as required, come the 5 year mark, do they recoat the entire car or just keep checking it every year? I mean at some point during "lifetime" they would have to recoat it correct? And thats at no additional cost because of the package you chose?
There is an additional cost if the whole car needs to be recoated, I believe its $295. I have a friend who's car was coated with Ceramic Pro and he hasn't had any issues to date. It's been more than 6 years for him.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How do these protective films (ceramic pro vs PPF) impact your car wash requirements? Do you need to go only to some specific places?
PPF is a thick film with self healing properties. It provides full protection for your car but it is a very expensive option. Ceramic Pro is a coat that provides paint protection and minor scratches. In terms of car wash requirements, it would be best to go with touchless auto wash or use a pressure washer. They recommend using 450 GSM Microfiber towels like these: https://www.amazon.com/CarCarez-Mic...1&sr=1-1-5e1b2986-06e6-4004-a85e-73bfa3ee44fe

Have one for washing, one for drying, and one for your tires. No waxing needed since the wax won't stick to ceramic coat.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Thinking more about ceramic. Will they be able to get all the residue off from the shipping plastic before correction and coating?
He asked for pictures cause he didn't know Kia had a model with matt paint. He then send me pics of a Benz, BMW, and a Lambo all with matt paint. He said you can trust me with your new baby! I said ok...Do I need to hand wash it before he said nope, just bring it to my shop and I will take care of the rest. Leaving it Wednesday and picking up Thursday.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Please read the Ceramic pro warranty. The chance of successfully filing and obtaining any warranty benefit is essentially zero. After I read the warranty document, I cancelled my Ceramic Pro appointment for my Matte Grey. Instead I am going to do the entire car in Gyeon ceramics including their Matte ceramic. It will take some labor and I am not doing it myself just to save money, but I do want a good product that I can maintain. So I will try to shoot some videos of the process. It will be a live and learn procedure.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts