Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
22 EV6, Wind AWD/Tech Gray/Gray
196 Posts
I am running a 60 amp breaker and have it set that way in CP. No issues I am getting about 11kw without issue. Weirdly the graph doesn't match the time it says it took the charge in charging details though. Says it took 22hr 4min to do 46.56kw but graph only show it charged for a little over 4 hours which adds up to the speed I am getting
yeah...it appears the charger shows how long its plugged in.

I have a charging window setup from 3-5:30AM...but charger shows it's been charging 15+hours

·
Registered
289 Posts
yeah...it appears the charger shows how long its plugged in.

I have a charging window setup from 3-5:30AM...but charger shows it's been charging 15+hours
Depending on outside temperature vehicle will after is charged keep EVSE signal connection. So EVSE will not switch to idle ( no power to the plug) , and if necessary battery management will draw power from EVSE to cool, heat or charge 12V battery and use power from EVSE.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I get anywhere from 8.9-9.1 with the same setup here in OH. I had the 240 installed in my garage at the time the house was built, and there is probably 80-100 foot run of wire going from the electric panel to the outlet. I don't know what gauge wire was used, but I had specified it was for car charging and it is a 50 amp circuit. I assume this distance is why I see reduced kw. Are there any other reasons not discussed above?

·
Registered
58 Posts
I get anywhere from 8.9-9.1 with the same setup here in OH. I had the 240 installed in my garage at the time the house was built, and there is probably 80-100 foot run of wire going from the electric panel to the outlet. I don't know what gauge wire was used, but I had specified it was for car charging and it is a 50 amp circuit. I assume this distance is why I see reduced kw. Are there any other reasons not discussed above?
Because yours is on a 50amp circuit, probably not hardwired. 11.2kW is only seen at 240v on a 60amp circuit, then the car asks for and receives 48amps of juice. I wouldn't sweat it though, 9.1kW is plenty.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Voltage under load dictates max energy coming to the onboard inverter. Current is fixed. There is difference between no load and under load voltage. Commercial places and some residential areas are 210 split phase voltage and 206-208 V under load so this will definitely have less power to the inverter than person who has 240V under load at similar current settings. Easy way is to check what is your voltage between two hot wires when you charging EV and this will give multiplied by current exactly what is coming out of the EVSE to the charging port.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts