Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day 2 with my EV6. Yesterday Electrify America DC fast chargers worked effortlessly. But today my local chargers are Shell Recharge. I’ve been to two different towns, plugged in, initiated charger, it says current level of my battery, makes clicks and noises like it’s starting, and never delivers anything to the car. Had a Bolt plug in after me with no problems. Any thoughts on what is happening. Shell Recharge says there is nothing wrong on their end which I believe because the Bolt charged. Please help or day 3 for the EV6 may not happen.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Day 2 with my EV6. Yesterday Electrify America DC fast chargers worked effortlessly. But today my local chargers are Shell Recharge. I’ve been to two different towns, plugged in, initiated charger, it says current level of my battery, makes clicks and noises like it’s starting, and never delivers anything to the car. Had a Bolt plug in after me with no problems. Any thoughts on what is happening. Shell Recharge says there is nothing wrong on their end which I believe because the Bolt charged. Please help or day 3 for the EV6 may not happen.
Did you put on the emergency brake ?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am having the exact same issue with Shell Recharge fast charger. It says it is charging, but there is no flow to the car. As with you, Shell Recharge says there is no problem on their end. Unfortunately, most of the fast chargers in my area are Shell Recharge. My car is just sitting in the garage right now because it arrived 2 weeks early (and I was so excited), but my home charger which was supposed to arrive 4 days ago, is now not arriving until tomorrow. Once I have it charged a bit more on my home charger, I'll drive the 15 miles to the only Electrify America charger in our area and see if it will work there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts