Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there - first post and new owner (4 days). Australian AWD GT-Line version.

Until we swap out our current Ocular Home 3-phase charger for a smart charger so we can control current/power available to charge to be only with solar excess (we have a 19.8kw system, but there isn't always 11Kw spare, depending on time of day or weather, and the car will pull 11Kw from combo of solar + house battery + grid), I wanted to limit the EV6's drain by changing the setting to "Reduced" or "Minimum". but this seems to have no effect.

Is it possible this setting does not work with a 3-phase type 2 charger, or am I missing something? As far as I could see, someone else on this forum was able to use it (with pics posted) on a 7Kw charger.

Could be me not working something out!

If you have any suggestions, happy to hear them.

Other than that... love this car :)

·
Registered
87 Posts
YouTubes Will Prowse/DIY Solar channel did one episode with the Ecoflow solar and mentioned it's the grounding method on the Solar systems power station/inverter that the EV cars don't Jive with.

jive
/jīv/
Learn to pronounce

Dance
Music
noun American slang
a lively style of dance popular especially in the 1940s and 1950s, performed to swing music or rock and roll.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you have an Ocular charging station then I believe they support OCPP.

If that's the case then you can pair it with the Charge HQ app and that will give you have a huge amount of charging control including current limits, scheduling, solar integration, renewables %, wholesale market pricing etc.

I currently use the OCPP compatible ABB Terra AC station and Charge HQ to charge an Ioniq 5 which allows fine grained charge current control rather than the crude "reduced" and "minimum" settings offered by Kia/Hyundai.

·
Registered
87 Posts

If that's the case then you can pair it with the Charge HQ app and that will give you have a huge amount of charging control including current limits, scheduling, solar integration, renewables %, wholesale market pricing etc.

I currently use the OCPP compatible ABB Terra AC station and Charge HQ to charge an Ioniq 5 which allows fine grained charge current control rather than the crude "reduced" and "minimum" settings offered by Kia/Hyundai.
Good to know.
Learn something everyday on this forum.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Yes, I'm signed up to the Charge HQ beta (looks brilliant!) but the Ocular Home unit is not OCPP compliant. As you say, the fine control will be far better than the crude in-care settings, and we can set it to only charge when excess solar would normally go to the grid. The next one up is OCPP (the Ocular IQ), but the other option is the Wallbox Pulsar Plus, and my solar installer is swapping over (to the Pulsar Plus) as soon as he can get his hands on one. In the meantime, I'm trying to work around it and the EV6 settings aren't playing nicely!

·
Registered
2 Posts
OK.

You'll need to chat to Jay from ChargeHQ about connecting the Wallbox via OCPP when it is installed. He's done the OCPP integration with ABB, Schneider and Ocular OCPP backends but I suspect he will need to work with you to add Wallbox to the list.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK.

You'll need to chat to Jay from ChargeHQ about connecting the Wallbox via OCPP when it is installed. He's done the OCPP integration with ABB, Schneider and Ocular OCPP backends but I suspect he will need to work with you to add Wallbox to the list.
Thanks, will do. I've had some exchanges already with Jay (who is super helpful and responsive) and I'm quite IT-savvy, so I'm hoping it will be relatively straightforward :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts