Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having charging issues with my EV6. I collected my car on Thursday, the Sales Chap assisted me with the setup of the car and KIA Connect. Both the car and the app were set to allow off peak charging (00:30 - 04:00). When I got home I plugged the car in all seemed fine, in the morning I got messages saying charging had started also charging completed. I thought I would try the pre heating, so tried that, after a minute or so I got a message saying it had failed due to the Charging cable Unplugged. This was not the case but the pre heat did not work. I did not charge on Friday night. On Saturday I noticed the settings on the car had gone AWOL, I had inadvertently changed from my account to a guest account. Also the app seemed a bit confused.
I visited the dealership on Sunday, my settings were restored under my account, the times were put in for the off peak charging etc. The app was also deleted and re installed and reconfigured with the off peak times under scheduled charging. All appeared good.
When I got home I plugged in the car expecting the charging to start as was set up, at 00:30. Unfortunately the car wanted to charge immediately! The car was locked & unlocked the lead unplugged then plugged back in again , but charging was still starting immediately.
I had to resort to plugging in the car after 00:30 so I could get the cheap rate. This morning I could see the messages showing charging had started and charging completed. I then attempted to pre heat the car, initially it looked like it was doing it, but heating did not start, I got the message saying “charging cable unplugged” so no pre heat, I have noticed on other forums about owners experiencing problems with the pre heat.
I contacted the dealership again today, it would appear none of the technicians have yet had their training to work on the EV6, so they are a bit nervous about working on the car. They are wanting to have a look at the car perhaps on Wednesday so they can discuss the issue with KIA UK.
I suspect it is an issue with the KIA Connect app rather than a problem with the car settings, but is may be that something needs switch on or off to allow the car to do the scheduled charging as requested.

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
309 Posts
@Gordon Bradford , hey there. Once thing to consider is that the time that is set in the app may be in a different time zone than what the servers are in and causing it to think that it's time to charge.

Try setting the charge times in the CAR settings instead of the app and see if that functions properly.

I'm very sure that the confusion is in the app and not in the car.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Gordon Bradford , hey there. Once thing to consider is that the time that is set in the app may be in a different time zone than what the servers are in and causing it to think that it's time to charge.

Try setting the charge times in the CAR settings instead of the app and see if that functions properly.

I'm very sure that the confusion is in the app and not in the car.
It’s the car and the app have the same scheduled times, 00:30 - 04:00 so I do not think it is a time conflict. KIA UK will need to have a look at things and find a resolution to the two issues. Charging is one issue the pre heat is another issue.

This forum has not improved yet it is still bouncing me out as I try to write a post!!! I have to write it in Word then copy and paste before getting bounced out. Where are the Admin guys? Why have they not resolved the issue?

·
Registered
🇨🇦 EV6 | GT Line S [AWD]
113 Posts
It’s the car and the app have the same scheduled times, 00:30 - 04:00 so I do not think it is a time conflict. KIA UK will need to have a look at things and find a resolution to the two issues. Charging is one issue the pre heat is another issue.

This forum has not improved yet it is still bouncing me out as I try to write a post!!! I have to write it in Word then copy and paste before getting bounced out. Where are the Admin guys? Why have they not resolved the issue?
Hey Gordon - I feel the same way about the forum functionality. It’s this auto-complete feature they have turned on that messing everything up.

In terms of your charging issue - it seems like some of the EU cars are experiencing charging issues as well. May not be directly related - but it could potentially be packaged into a future software release. take a look at this German video (in English), which also refers to another similar issue from another reviewer.

I suggest reaching out to your dealers proactively - and informing them on the issue, for hopes of a software update.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
309 Posts
This is not a problem. The batter is liquid cooled and is designed to keep the temperature down. The software is designed to cool the battery MORE as the state of charge drops as the system knows that it will be receiving a high voltage quick recharge soon and wants the battery temp as low as possible so that it can accept 200+ kw for as long as possible before it get's too hot. Hot batteries are never good. LOL

The other thing is that the AWD mode is controlled by the drive mode. In Eco, it's RWD biased and will gradually engage the front motor as you accelerate harder. In Sport, it will keep front motor locked in. Normal will allow a medium blend.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having charging issues with my EV6. I collected my car on Thursday, the Sales Chap assisted me with the setup of the car and KIA Connect. Both the car and the app were set to allow off peak charging (00:30 - 04:00). When I got home I plugged the car in all seemed fine, in the morning I got messages saying charging had started also charging completed. I thought I would try the pre heating, so tried that, after a minute or so I got a message saying it had failed due to the Charging cable Unplugged. This was not the case but the pre heat did not work. I did not charge on Friday night. On Saturday I noticed the settings on the car had gone AWOL, I had inadvertently changed from my account to a guest account. Also the app seemed a bit confused.
I visited the dealership on Sunday, my settings were restored under my account, the times were put in for the off peak charging etc. The app was also deleted and re installed and reconfigured with the off peak times under scheduled charging. All appeared good.
When I got home I plugged in the car expecting the charging to start as was set up, at 00:30. Unfortunately the car wanted to charge immediately! The car was locked & unlocked the lead unplugged then plugged back in again , but charging was still starting immediately.
I had to resort to plugging in the car after 00:30 so I could get the cheap rate. This morning I could see the messages showing charging had started and charging completed. I then attempted to pre heat the car, initially it looked like it was doing it, but heating did not start, I got the message saying “charging cable unplugged” so no pre heat, I have noticed on other forums about owners experiencing problems with the pre heat.
I contacted the dealership again today, it would appear none of the technicians have yet had their training to work on the EV6, so they are a bit nervous about working on the car. They are wanting to have a look at the car perhaps on Wednesday so they can discuss the issue with KIA UK.
I suspect it is an issue with the KIA Connect app rather than a problem with the car settings, but is may be that something needs switch on or off to allow the car to do the scheduled charging as requested.

·
Registered
329 Posts

Re the Forum; I have reported it to the admin, but they won't read all posts and it's a wider forum than EV6. Report at Contact Us at the bottom.

Re the charging; what charger are you using? I assume you have it set to charge immediately from the charger so you are using the car for your programming? I think most people do it the other ways around. Have the car to charge at all times, say up to a maximum of 80% and the use the timer in the wall charger. I'm not really sure why but most seem to.

When the charge starts there needs to be a handshake between the car and the charger. I wonder if it's that. I'm guessing I'm afraid.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hey Gordon - I feel the same way about the forum functionality. It’s this auto-complete feature they have turned on that messing everything up.

In terms of your charging issue - it seems like some of the EU cars are experiencing charging issues as well. May not be directly related - but it could potentially be packaged into a future software release. take a look at this German video (in English), which also refers to another similar issue from another reviewer.

I suggest reaching out to your dealers proactively - and informing them on the issue, for hopes of a software update.
I think his test car didn't have a heat pump which is why is charge speeds were so low at the beginning. Might be an additional extra for the heat pump. It is meant to heat up the battery before charging (pre-conditioning)

The EV6 might not have battery pre-conditional logic in the navigation system (video author might have assumed this) which should heat up the battery before arriving at a charger.

·
Registered
20 Posts
The forum works fine for me on a PC using Microsoft's Edge browser but if I switch to an Apple device and use the Safari browser then all hell breaks loose.
I think you've posted in the wrong thread, but I'm happy to hear you're having no problems on Microsoft Edge. I am, and I also have the . Same with Android.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think you've posted in the wrong thread, but I'm happy to hear you're having no problems on Microsoft Edge. I am, and I also have the same problem with Android. Seems like a problem at their end to me. Double post because of website problem

1 - 12 of 12 Posts