Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I was charging on a Chargepoint level 2 as usual starting with about 190 miles range. I left it charging but got this message

"We wanted to let you know that your vehicle, which is charging at HOSPITAL / PRE ADMIT NORTH, is drawing very little power. Typically, this means it’s fully charged, however, it may also indicate that your vehicle is configured for delayed charging. Your vehicle has accepted 3.18 kWh of electricity and has been plugged in for 00:47:33 (hh:mm:ss)."

This only added about 10 miles of range, which is very much less than usual - on the same charger I usually add at least 40 miles in 2 hours.

Any ideas on why my range is now so much less? It had been consistently able to get up to 280-290 miles since new in February this year, and now seems to be stuck at only 200? I'm fairly sure charging was not interrupted by a power outage or someone unplugging my car

· Registered
Kia EV6 Wind RWD on order
358 Posts
This only added about 10 miles of range, which is very much less than usual - on the same charger I usually add at least 40 miles in 2 hours.

Any ideas on why my range is now so much less? It had been consistently able to get up to 280-290 miles since new in February this year, and now seems to be stuck at only 200? I'm fairly sure charging was not interrupted by a power outage or someone unplugging my car
Never, ever go by the GOM or by "miles of range added" when you need to compare things in detail. Anyways, your car was charging at a rate of 4 kW which isn't exactly "very little power." I think that ChargePoint unit needs some servicing. So I'd ignore that message from the station. How many kW do you usually pull from the charger? "40 miles in 2 hours" isn't precise enough to get a good idea of what your usual experience with that charger is.

I can't answer your questions about range since that's based on your own individual driving habits and local weather conditions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts