Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got my EV6 and i heard a lot about charging up to 80% max.Do i need to set up this up manually in the Car or its automatic? I saw a settings in Car about AC/DC charging and there's option to 10 - 100, not sure this is the settings.

·
Registered
2022 EV6 GT-Line AWD Aurora Black Pearl
249 Posts
I just got my EV6 and i heard a lot about charging up to 80% max.Do i need to set up this up manually in the Car or its automatic? I saw a settings in Car about AC/DC charging and there's option to 10 - 100, not sure this is the settings.
That's the correct settings.

The AC setting is what you'll use for charging at home. Most people set it to 80% or 90%. Mine is set to 80%. If I was leaving on a road trip, then and only then would I charge it to 100%. On the road at fast chargers, I would leave the DC setting at 100% because I don't want the charging to stop and run up "idle" charges. Usually,you will manually shut down the charging when the charging slows down, so you won't actually charge to 100%.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's the correct settings.

The AC setting is what you'll use for charging at home. Most people set it to 80% or 90%. Mine is set to 80%. If I was leaving on a road trip, then and only then would I charge it to 100%. On the road at fast chargers, I would leave the DC setting at 100% because I don't want the charging to stop and run up "idle" charges. Usually,you will manually shut down the charging when the charging slows down, so you won't actually charge to 100%.
We are also confused about what the home (AC) vs DC charge settings should be. The manual seems to suggests that you should AC charge to 100% at least once per month or more? Or is that only if you go below 20%? I can't find anything in the manual about recommendations for routine charging.

Font Number

·
Registered
EV6 GT-L RWD
242 Posts
We are also confused about what the home (AC) vs DC charge settings should be. The manual seems to suggests that you should AC charge to 100% at least once per month or more? Or is that only if you go below 20%? I can't find anything in the manual about recommendations for routine charging.

View attachment 3733
The app says to charge to 100% at least once a month in its own bullet point as a practice that's good for the battery. Open the Kia Access app and tap on the little info icon in the charging section.

·
Registered
490 Posts
From what I've read (repeated) fast charging is what adversely affects battery longevity and/or performance long-term; as fast as AC chargers can charge even at 12 kWh it is not considered "fast charging" when compared to DC charging at rates that typically exceed 100kWh or higher. For me I set AC charging (at home) limit to 100% and DC charging to 80% (I bump it up to 100% if I know I'm going on an extended road trip and want the cushoin of a bit more extended range in between charges).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts