Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi EV6 community,

Just came across a review on YouTube and this GT-Line model is equipped with different rims than standard which I must say look really cool as well. I didn't get a choice of rims when ordering mine in the Netherlands. Are these available in the UK or US?

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi EV6 community,

Just came across a review on YouTube and this GT-Line model is equipped with different rims than standard which I must say look really cool as well.
See post here. Austria has these.

·
Registered
26 Posts
In Germany as well. I ordered my EV6 GT-Line AWD sunroof with 20"-wheels and needed to pay € 490,- for the upgrade from 19" to 20". I know, it is a bad deal to pay your own money for worse efficiency, rolling comfort and higher tire replacement cost. But the visual impression was more important. You live once...

But you only can order one type of 19" or 20" rims at the vehicle. All other rim types need to be ordered separatly w/o tires.

·
Registered
203 Posts
In Germany as well. I ordered my EV6 GT-Line AWD sunroof with 20"-wheels and needed to pay € 490,- for the upgrade from 19" to 20". I know, it is a bad deal to pay your own money for worse efficiency, rolling comfort and higher tire replacement cost. But the visual impression was more important. You live once...

But you only can order one type of 19" or 20" rims at the vehicle. All other rim types need to be ordered separatly w/o tires.
In the UK you cannot pay to change wheel sizes etc. I tried. Nothing can be changed. Only options are colour or heat pump.

·
Registered
Powered by diesel (for now).
177 Posts
I do think the ones shown on the car in the OP are the nicest looking ones.
Not seen them offered in the UK.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Really? I thought, in UK the GT-Line S with 20" wheels is available for some coins extra.
The 'S' does have 20" wheels. The GT Line has 19" wheels.
I wanted to buy a GT Line and pay extra for the 20" wheels ......as I like them ;) .......Not possible. i wanted to pay extra for a sunroof also....Not possible.
I ended up buying an 'S' as the dealer gave me a great price for my X1 trade-in.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I use the standard 19" with my wintertires and ordered different 19" for the summertires from GMP. The visual difference between 20 and 19 is fairly small, the ride difference of the 20 is more 'bumpy', less smooth.

What partnumber is this ? think thats just the ones I need 👌

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is the GMP Matisse S Glossy Black 19", sorry I don't have the partnumber. I just ordered the same dimensions as the standard 19" Kia alloys
The rear wheels are fitted with a thin spacer as the break caliper was a little bit in the way.
Front wheels fitted perfectly.

I use the standard 19" with my winter tires and ordered different 19" for the summer tires from GMP. The visual difference between 20 and 19 is fairly small, the ride difference of the 20 is more 'bumpy', less smooth.
View attachment 1669

·
Registered
191 Posts
So when I ordered the GTLS AWD (way back in Nov), I'd mentioned to my dealer that I'd actually prefer 19" instead of 20", for comfort and slightly better economy, but mostly comfort. Told him to keep in mind in case anyone else was of the opposite opinion. Wind forward to yesterday and he's told me he has a GTL customer that wants to go to 20", and likely the 2 cars mgiht arrive in a similar timeframe.

Assuming I go with 19", I was thinking, what exactly needs reprogramming by the dealer to make the speedo/ traction control etc aware that that wheel diameter is reduced, or does it not matter as the overall circumference when tyres are included, remains unchanged ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
So when I ordered the GTLS AWD (way back in Nov), I'd mentioned to my dealer that I'd actually prefer 19" instead of 20", for comfort and slightly better economy, but mostly comfort. Told him to keep in mind in case anyone else was of the opposite opinion. Wind forward to yesterday and he's told me he has a GTL customer that wants to go to 20", and likely the 2 cars mgiht arrive in a similar timeframe.

Assuming I go with 19", I was thinking, what exactly needs reprogramming by the dealer to make the speedo/ traction control etc aware that that wheel diameter is reduced, or does it not matter as the overall circumference when tyres are included, remains unchanged ?
In DK
19" runs on 235/55
20" runs on 255/45

if u use a rim/tize calculator (google) the size is reduced with aprox. 0.5%

before | after
50 km/t | 49.8 km/t
100km/t | 99.5km/t

·
Registered
392 Posts
The diameter/circumference remains the same as the larger wheels will have lower profile tyres and vice versa.

Reactions: tangey
1 - 18 of 18 Posts