Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping someone could help me out. I remember reading a post on this forum about a "clicking" noise coming from the rear of the car when pressing/releasing the brake pedal at low speeds, but I can't seem to find it again. I think someone suggested it might be the brake calipers releasing. I am experiencing the same sound and would like to know if it was ever determined what was causing it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,474 Posts
I think I mentioned it before. I haven't yet made it into the dealership to have it looked at. Seems its coming from the rear driver side. Normal driving I don't really hear it. But if I'm in a drive through, pull forward, stop, pull forward, stop, then I hear it. Its a loud single click on the initial brake press after a slow roll forward.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I was hoping someone could help me out. I remember reading a post on this forum about a "clicking" noise coming from the rear of the car when pressing/releasing the brake pedal at low speeds, but I can't seem to find it again. I think someone suggested it might be the brake calipers releasing. I am experiencing the same sound and would like to know if it was ever determined what was causing it.

Thanks!
Any fix?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Mine is now at the dealer with a tech line inquiry awaiting approval. The clicking sound they thought was just a torque adjustment which ended up making it worse. This is odd because BOTH EV6s we had exhibited the same clicking sound randomly when braking. Sounds like a defect in a specific manufacturing time since both of these cars were made around the same time. Waiting to see what happens on Monday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts