Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, has anyone had issues with the climate settings when set up through the calendar? I set mine to warm up to 75 and defrost everything with a departure time of 5:30am Monday-Friday. It didn't come on yesterday as the car was still cold when I left at 5:40am. This morning, I manually told the climate to turn on and it said it started at 5:34. I was out about 8 minutes later and my windshield still had a sheet of ice on it. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? It isn't charging overnight as I still have to run a new 240v line for that. I assume that these commands should still work even if the car is not charging.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Uh oh. Do the US cars still have the same pre-heating issue as our European counterparts??

Have you tried scheduled climate without defrost? Some have tried that and it seems to work.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
145 Posts
Hey everyone, has anyone had issues with the climate settings when set up through the calendar? I set mine to warm up to 75 and defrost everything with a departure time of 5:30am Monday-Friday. It didn't come on yesterday as the car was still cold when I left at 5:40am. This morning, I manually told the climate to turn on and it said it started at 5:34. I was out about 8 minutes later and my windshield still had a sheet of ice on it. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? It isn't charging overnight as I still have to run a new 240v line for that. I assume that these commands should still work even if the car is not charging.

Thanks!
I believe this function is part of scheduled charging and the charger needs to be plugged in for this to work. I've yet to try mine but this is what I saw on the user manual.

Product Font Screenshot Material property Software

·
Registered
55 Posts
In the Niro scheduled climate requires the car to be plugged in. Remote climate will work with the car unplugged but is limited compared to when it runs plugged-in--you get less runtime and lower climate output. I would guess the software between the Niro and the EV6 is close enough that the same constraints apply.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No luck on starting the climate after turning off the defrost modes. Definitely sounds like a fix that Kia will need to push out. Having to have the car charging for this function to work makes no sense. There are plenty of people like my mom up in Alaska who might just need to run into the grocery store for 20 minutes. In those 20 minutes the car can get plenty cold enough and you should not have to have a plug everywhere you go just to turn it on a few minutes before your departure to warm things up a bit.

·
Registered
61 Posts
No luck on starting the climate after turning off the defrost modes. Definitely sounds like a fix that Kia will need to push out. Having to have the car charging for this function to work makes no sense. There are plenty of people like my mom up in Alaska who might just need to run into the grocery store for 20 minutes. In those 20 minutes the car can get plenty cold enough and you should not have to have a plug everywhere you go just to turn it on a few minutes before your departure to warm things up a bit.
If you search any of the UK threads you’ll see this has been an issue since back in late 2021 when they received their cars. Was really hoping KIA got their sh!t together with the NA EV’s and had it sorted out. Doesn’t appear to be. Not a good look for a $50k + car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you search any of the UK threads you’ll see this has been an issue since back in late 2021 when they received their cars. Was really hoping KIA got their sh!t together with the NA EV’s and had it sorted out. Doesn’t appear to be. Not a good look for a $50k + car.
Nope, sure isn't. Good thing I live in a normally warm area so the cold part is no issue. Once it reaches 100F in the summer though, I better be able to cool this thing down before I get in it!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Nope, sure isn't. Good thing I live in a normally warm area so the cold part is no issue. Once it reaches 100F in the summer though, I better be able to cool this thing down before I get in it!
Keep us in the loop on the A/C! Lol. I’m in Canada, so I’ll be following along closely as I’ll dealing with both weather extremes 😬

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sure will. We went from sunny and 73 to snow 24 hours later in Southern California so I got a sneak peak of winter driving. It was only a peak though as it didn't stick to the roads lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts