Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 RWD GT Line Matt Steel
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have excessive moisture collecting on the inside of their windscreen in lower temperatures? I am wondering if the cars vents (smart vent setting) are open at night and drawing extra moisture in from outside? Not know this happening in a car before. Had to wipe it away with a cloth in order to have a chance at getting the windscreen clear by the fan

·
Registered
713 Posts
Does anyone else have excessive moisture collecting on the inside of their windscreen in lower temperatures? I am wondering if the cars vents (smart vent setting) are open at night and drawing extra moisture in from outside? Not know this happening in a car before. Had to wipe it away with a cloth in order to have a chance at getting the windscreen clear by the fan
If you're getting condensation that is only appearing when the car is sitting idle at night, my guess would be it's from AC/defogger usage while driving. The AC (also used when defogging) condenses moisture on the cooling coil. That moisture can sit on the coil and in the drain pan after the car is shut down, and cause elevated humidity in the ductwork. Without this additional moisture source in the HVAC system, air from outside should not cause condensation on the windshield. Condensation only occurs on surfaces that are colder than the dewpoint of the surrounding air. That would not happen unless there is something raising the dewpoint (moisture in the system) or cooling the windshield.

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
926 Posts
I seem to recall some heat/AC setting that draws in air that’s pre dehumidified. I have started to use Auto heating and haven’t seen the issue again since owning the car for 2 weeks. I did run a dehumidifier in the car though, the alarm kept going off. It isn’t anymore and no more wiping my windows. The manual states it somewhere, see it online. It may help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.