Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found this on the Kia Connect site. Do we all get this or is it regional based on country? I assume this is from the Surround View Monitor feature?

360 View. Certain Vehicles have a 360 View feature, which allows you to check the area around your Vehicle without physically being there by remotely opening the mirrors on your Vehicle and capturing photographic images from the mirrors on all four sides of the Vehicle, along with a birdseye view. You may take up to five (5) images per day and view up to ten (10) images in your KOP Account

·
Registered
203 Posts
Found this on the Kia Connect site. Do we all get this or is it regional based on country? I assume this is from the Surround View Monitor feature?

360 View. Certain Vehicles have a 360 View feature, which allows you to check the area around your Vehicle without physically being there by remotely opening the mirrors on your Vehicle and capturing photographic images from the mirrors on all four sides of the Vehicle, along with a birdseye view. You may take up to five (5) images per day and view up to ten (10) images in your KOP Account
Only on top of the range 'S' models in UK.

edit....sorry misread...remotely.

·
Registered
340 Posts

Could you share a direct link to that?

No sign of it on my Kia Connect app.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line
112 Posts
So I tried it, here's the deal. It's not realtime like a Nest doorbell. When you request it in the app, it takes a photo from all cameras and sends it into the app for review. If it's night time, it will turn on the head/tail lights while taking photos so it's not stealthy.
Automotive lighting Font Rectangle Window Street light

Font Gadget Screenshot Display device Circle

Mobile phone Automotive lighting Communication Device Orange Portable communications device

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I tried it, here's the deal. It's not realtime like a Nest doorbell. When you request it in the app, it takes a photo from all cameras and sends it into the app for review. If it's night time, it will turn on the head/tail lights while taking photos so it's not stealthy.
Thanks for the confirmation. Guess you've been playing with your new toy the whole day, huh?? :geek: Not sure whats the use as it looks real blurry or maybe its just night time.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line
112 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation. Guess you've been playing with your new toy the whole day, huh?? :geek: Not sure whats the use as it looks real blurry or maybe its just night time.
Night time in dark driveway is blurry. It's pretty great in day mode. I've been trying to answer questions and photos here and FB all day today, lol. This car has HYPE.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Thanks - looks like the USA app is more feature rich than Europe’s.

Kia doesn’t seem to get globalisation. Do they not think we talk to each other?
Might try US VPN to see if this is available in the UK... Can't find an iOS app called Kia Access.. Look a cool feature. Would have come in hand last weekend when I was in Glasgow, snowing and raining on and off, very windy, forgot where my car was, went to wrong street in a rush ... whoops! went down 1 extra street my mistake (Glasgow is soo hard to navigate :)... then I remembered, Kia Connect shows where the car is! but some images would have been great.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Might try US VPN to see if this is available in the UK... Can't find an iOS app called Kia Access.. Look a cool feature. Would have come in hand last weekend when I was in Glasgow, snowing and raining on and off, very windy, forgot where my car was, went to wrong street in a rush ... whoops! went down 1 extra street my mistake (Glasgow is soo hard to navigate :)... then I remembered, Kia Connect shows where the car is! but some images would have been great.
Always drop a pin on ios or google maps when visiting a new place.
I learned my lesson when I couldn't find the bloody cruise ship in Oslo :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Please let me know if you succeed.

·
Registered
797 Posts
Always drop a pin on ios or google maps when visiting a new place.
I learned my lesson when I couldn't find the bloody cruise ship in Oslo :)
Indeed! Kia connect isn't very accurate if mobile signal is weak, Google maps lets you download maps and drops pin in that downloaded map so always works! lesson learned. All the cars were turning white with snow... and my car is white.... so was getting nervous :) plus had a light jacket on for meeting friends for a drink (fruit juice) and dinner :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts