Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone has info on the delivery dates for GT-Line RWDs? I ordered back on May 2nd with a dealer in WV, I was seriously hoping I'll get on by now but got no luck, and then I'm also happy-jealous for others who're somehow finding theirs! I am also doubting how Kia is picking up the orders.

·
Registered
EV6 Wind RWD - Gravity Blue/Grey Interior
19 Posts
My local dealer in the south is selling four AWD units for every RWD.
oof, yeah I just hope they start to clear out some RWD orders, doesnt sound like they will anytime soon though. What a mess. I absolutely hate paying for more than what I need, I just gotta wait it out like everyone else who doesnt need AWD, apparently.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Regarding AWD...

As I understand, it takes two motors (on the EV6 at least) to produce enough regenerative drag to stop effectively while using one-pedal mode. Could be wrong about that? I never knew I'd like one-pedal as much as I do, but I love it. It's the best feature that I had underestimated since I'd never had that before.

I will also appreciate the extra grip when taking off on snow or ice. I'm not one to over-sell the value of 4WD/AWD on snow or ice. But when easing off a stop on snow/ice, having four wheels working for you is better than two.

And the extra oomph when I'm in sport mode (in good weather).

So, yeah, AWD was a required feature for me.

·
Registered
19 Posts
First I have heard of the dual motor theory in regards to one pedal mode.

Not doubting the benefits for folks that need AWD, its definitely more of a want for a large majority of people than a need for most in the south, imo. Not much snow or ice laying around in San Antonio for me 😂

I have been 150 mph on my Yamaha R6, a car cant match that feeling nor do I need to go that fast ever again in my life haha.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 Wind RWD Yacht Blue
202 Posts
I have a RWD and I use 1-pedal mode a lot. It doesn't seem to have a problem stopping. It does seem to stop quicker if there's a car in front of me, as opposed to if I'm rolling up to a red light with nobody in front of me. I wonder if the sensors tell the car that there's nothing in front, so it lets the car coast a little more. Just speculation...

·
Registered
116 Posts

Not doubting the benefits for folks that need AWD, its definitely more of a want for a large majority of people than a need for most in the south, imo. Not much snow or ice laying around in San Antonio for me 😂

I have been 150 mph on my Yamaha R6, a car cant match that feeling nor do I need to go that fast ever again in my life haha.
I observed that when I'm in one-pedal mode then both motors are engaged even in ECO mode.

Maybe the front motor isn't contributing (much?) motive power in this scenerio but the front axle clutch is engaged -- so perhaps only for one-pedal or other higher regen modes? If I reduce to a lower regen level (while in ECO) then it seems to disengage.

I should perform some careful observations and take note of when the front axle is engaged or not.

·
Registered
22 EV6, Wind AWD/Tech Gray/Gray
196 Posts
I observed that when I'm in one-pedal mode then both motors are engaged even in ECO mode.

Maybe the front motor isn't contributing (much?) motive power in this scenerio but the front axle clutch is engaged -- so perhaps only for one-pedal or other higher regen modes? If I reduce to a lower regen level (while in ECO) then it seems to disengage.

I should perform some careful observations and take note of when the front axle is engaged or not.
i think when you're in 'normal' mode with i-pedal and then switch to 'eco' mode it still stays in 'normal' mode due to the i-pedal selection (but still displays eco mode). I think in true 'eco' you need regen level 3 or lower.

I may be making this all up...i'll test next time i'm out...curious now ;)

·
Registered
144 Posts
Ordered May 5th GT-Line AWD - and no vin, no update, nothing.

Kia's system of orders vs builds, it's more like they build whatever they feel like or want and then allocate to various dealers. As I've been told and pieced together over the last 5 months, a dealer can submit an order for you but what they actually get is whatever kia says they get. There's no queue system or anything like that it seems.

The two dealers I have orders with -- they move a lot of EV6's, and most of what they get are RWD's it seems.

I've been stuck in a shitbox Chevy spark ICE clowncar for 5 months at this point, it sucks. I want an EV6 bad, but I'm starting to look more seriously at a Bolt EUV or Model 3, even though I'm far less interested in either of those.

·
Registered
10 Posts
My dealer in WA called me over the weekend and mentioned that they had a meeting with HQ about a week or so ago. Apparently, they are way behind in orders (duh) and are trying to get more teams in order to boost production. Take that as you will. EDIT: I say that as someone 3+ months into the wait.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just curious are these ordered EV6's promised to be sold at MSRP? It took me a week and half from deposit to pick up for my Wind with a 5500 markup. That is the average markup in SoCal per True Car and Edmunds.

·
Registered
115 Posts

Agree re your bike, been hitting the horizon for nearly fifty years on motorcycles, currently on an Indian FTR 1200s - Indian the thinking persons US motorcycle ;) , although not quite ready to give up the feeling yet.

the stupid 0-60 fastest race with EV’s is daft. I can go fast enough to make my passengers uncomfortable in my AWD gt line, do you really need to go any faster in an everyday car ?

On the subject of AWD it is probably a want but having been brought up on Quattro Audi saloons it’s confidence building to slip into AWD when you want to push on.

Small question I love the adjustable regen but is there anyway of turning off the annoying beep when it goes into ipedal mode very irritating , I tend to leave in level 3 because it irritates me so much - and yep that is a first world problem 😉

·
Registered
19 Posts
Agree re your bike, been hitting the horizon for nearly fifty years on motorcycles, currently on an Indian FTR 1200s - Indian the thinking persons US motorcycle ;) , although not quite ready to give up the feeling yet.

the stupid 0-60 fastest race with EV’s is daft. I can go fast enough to make my passengers uncomfortable in my AWD gt line, do you really need to go any faster in an everyday car ?

On the subject of AWD it is probably a want but having been brought up on Quattro Audi saloons it’s confidence building to slip into AWD when you want to push on.

Small question I love the adjustable regen but is there anyway of turning off the annoying beep when it goes into ipedal mode very irritating , I tend to leave in level 3 because it irritates me so much - and yep that is a first world problem 😉
I was all set to get another bike a few years back and was looking at an Indian, then I found out I was having another kiddo. So put that on the back burner, maybe when he gets older I can get an Indian, love those bikes!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Just curious are these ordered EV6's promised to be sold at MSRP? It took me a week and half from deposit to pick up for my Wind with a 5500 markup. That is the average markup in SoCal per True Car and Edmunds.
Mine is, I refuse to pay above MSRP and I would love it if everyone else did too, obviously lol. I just cant pay that much money for a depreciating asset. But, plenty of people will do it without thinking twice apparently. So I will sit and wait, I have a perfectly fine working vehicle in the meantime.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts