Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we have any confirmation Kia/dealerships will be taking customer orders for EV6 in 2022?

I ask because I have spoken to a number of dealers in Indianapolis, Cincinnati and Louisville.

1 in Indianapolis said Kia is only allocating their dealership 14 total ev6 for all of 2022.

Another in Indianapolis told me that Kia told them there would be only Kia corporate allocations and no orders would be opened this year.

A related roadblock I've encountered - many dealers are taking deposits on ev6 before they arrive on the lot. This means there will be no ability to test drive the vehicle. Real bummer

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
755 Posts
Corporate will be manually allocating for a couple of months. Don't know when ordering will open up but they will be taking orders.

There's no hard figures on how many each dealer is going to get as it's based on sale rates.

·
Registered
128 Posts
There's no hard figures on how many each dealer is going to get as it's based on sale rates.
Are the allocations just a total (doesn't matter what models the dealer sold) or do they get a different allocation for each model? (The new EV6 would have to be equated to a current model to determine its allocation then).

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,406 Posts
Are the allocations just a total (doesn't matter what models the dealer sold) or do they get a different allocation for each model? (The new EV6 would have to be equated to a current model to determine its allocation then).
My FE dealer said they had 21 coming in. Some are FE’s. They are charming $27k in markups and add-ons over MSRP.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
755 Posts
Correct. They are basing EV6 allocations on the retail rate of PHEV and EV for 2021.

So that sounds like ordering will not be opening up after this weekend then.
Don't know for sure. They manually allocate cars all of the time. I'm hoping that they open ordering soon!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts