Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,803 Posts
Has anybody used a dash cam adaptor on an EV6 as shown on you tube to a Hyundai Ionic 5. Still waiting for mine to arrive looking for a dash cam this looks like a good wiring
Do you have a link to the YouTube video?

Reactions: Sam_K

·
Registered
167 Posts
Here is a link for the product.

·
Super Moderator
1,803 Posts
Looks a good idea but its a shame it only provides power when the car is on, my dash camera works when the car ignition is not on in case someone hits the car in a car park, looking at the video this setup does not provide power after you turn the car off which is a shame as it would be a quick and easy install.

·
Registered
Yacht Blue GT Line
43 Posts
Looks a good idea but its a shame it only provides power when the car is on, my dash camera works when the car ignition is not on in case someone hits the car in a car park, looking at the video this setup does not provide power after you turn the car off which is a shame as it would be a quick and easy install.
So I've been trying to figure out, if you use a OBD power adapter or hardwire fuse pigtail; with a EV does that power pull from the main battery or the old school 12v under the hood?

·
Super Moderator
1,803 Posts
So I've been trying to figure out, if you use a OBD power adapter or hardwire fuse pigtail; with a EV does that power pull from the main battery or the old school 12v under the hood?
I guess it will depend on what circuit you connect into, persoanlly you want to use the old school 12v battery circuit.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Everything runs off the 12 volt battery. The main battery runs the motor and charges the 12 volt battery.

You can probably "pigtail" from the fuse panel on the lower left below the parking brake switch.

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Wheel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts