Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I purchase an EV6 I’d like the dealer to fit a dash cam rather than using an independent so as to not potentially invalidate an electrical issue. So far, I haven’t come across a dealer who knows if they’ll be able to fit a dash cam (why not?) and they have reached out to Kia Technical for advice. Has anyone here found a dealer who has fitted a system yet?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Anyone know if there is a thing like VAGCOM for Kia?
I've wondered the same thing regarding the possible differences in the turn signals on the US spec cars. I've used VAGCOM to change lots of things in my current car. But in the case of video recording, it would also require hardware, as reportedly the Korean cars that have this option get an SD card slot in the glove box to store the video.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I've wondered the same thing regarding the possible differences in the turn signals on the US spec cars. I've used VAGCOM to change lots of things in my current car. But in the case of video recording, it would also require hardware, as reportedly the Korean cars that have this option get an SD card slot in the glove box to store the video.
Well, if they should provide even a USB port (memstick) in there or if it has the sd card slot then we might be in luck. Course, it might also be possible to retrofit the pieces and unlock it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
...it might also be possible to retrofit the pieces and unlock it.
I probably just don't know where to look, but I haven't found any Kia related enthusiast forums on the same level as VW/Audi. I found this, which seems similar to the Ross-tech cable/software I have for my Audi, but it doesn't seem as developed. For these things to work, they require constant development and updating to stay up to date with newer cars and their options. Every time I've gone to use my Ross-tech cable, it downloads a new update.

EDIT: Here's another relevant thread. It just doesn't seem to be a well established thing on Kias. Changes to Audi/VW cars are well documented in the various forums.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I had read elsewhere that the Kia option recorded it to an SD card, but based on this video, it instead transmits it to a phone. So at minimum, looks like it would require the activation button (above the mirror in the factory option), and whatever software coding to enable it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had read elsewhere that the Kia option recorded it to an SD card, but based on this video, it instead transmits it to a phone. So at minimum, looks like it would require the activation button (above the mirror in the factory option), and whatever software coding to enable it.
I found this in some press photos - the buttons in that Korean video are different from what is in this shot. :(
Automotive side-view mirror Car Automotive lighting Automotive mirror Motor vehicle

·
Registered
108 Posts
The one in the pic probably doesn't have the recording option.
I forgot to mention that's a promo shot for the UK-spec GT Line-S. Maybe for other markets? I don't know if there might be UK regulations that cause them to leave it out. Or perhaps it's a pre-production model. 🤞

In the car I currently drive they added a dashcam option in the 2nd model year (I unfortunately bought the first MY)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I did see a YouTube clip a little while ago talking about the Dash Cam facility, there was a slot for a memory card in the glove box.
I have searched but have been unable to locate the video again.
It would really be good if the hardware could be sourced to allow the car to use the factory fit camera as a dash cam.
I will temporarily use my exiting Rove Dash Cam, but not sure it will look neat just being stuck on the windscreen. If I can get the KIA camera operating, I may just use my Rove camera for rear use.
I could also do with info on the fuses, I can see anything in the on line manual. I should add, I don’t get my car until Thursday.

·
Registered
329 Posts
The Kia unit looked very neat... my dealer said "The unit is £290 fitted (hardwired) which is front only. Front & Rear is £365." I already have a Road Hauk or two so might just fit that. Using a product like "addafuse" and the wiring is very easy.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've asked the Danish distributor if the EV6 is being delivered with DVRS. Sadly the answer was no. In Europe the cars can't be delivered with this nifty equipment 😕 No telling why:mad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts