Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
I picked up my EV6 FE in late February '22 and have been charging at home on a Chargepoint Flex charger. I also bought a Level 1 charger to carry in the frunk just in case. The EV6 has been charging fine on both Level 1 and Level 2 chargers and the DC chargers at Electrify America. This past week while on my home charger it said "charge stopped" and now it will not charge at all on Level 1 or Level 2 chargers (AC voltage), it does charge on DC chargers. From the other discussions on this website it sounds like it's a problem with the battery management system. I have an appointment with the dealer Monday 6/27/22 so we will see.

UPDATE: I do notice there is 2 clicking noises when you plug the AC L1 or L2 charging cable in to the EV6. Any thoughts?
UPDATE: KIA TECHLINE determined the problem is caused by a faulty ICCU ('Integrated Charging Control Unit) and the part was ordered Tuesday 06/28/22 with an arrival date of Tuesday 07/05//22.

Registered
Latest post on this thread is over half a year ago.

I want to share that I have the same issue now on my newly received Kia Niro EV 2022 last week.

Just 700 km in and the AC charging broke. Actually it switches off the charging points keeping other cars from charging..

I tried all your suggestions above but eventually the dealer confirmed that it's due to the AC converter unit.

Parts are not available so the dealer advised charging DC until the parts have arrived.

Thank you very much for creating this thread and all the responses. It helped me a lot and apparently I'm not the only one.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Latest post on this thread is over half a year ago.

I want to share that I have the same issue now on my newly received Kia Niro EV 2022 last week.

Just 700 km in and the AC charging broke. Actually it switches off the charging points keeping other cars from charging..

I tried all your suggestions above but eventually the dealer confirmed that it's due to the AC converter unit.

Parts are not available so the dealer advised charging DC until the parts have arrived.

Thank you very much for creating this thread and all the responses. It helped me a lot and apparently I'm not the only one.
Kia reimbursed me for all costs associated with DC charging, so keep evidence of charging. You'll need to get agreement with their customer care team 馃憤

21 - 29 of 29 Posts