Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Ordered EV6 GT line S AWD with Heat Pump in Runway Red beginning December 2021
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been to a 2nd ‘local’ Kia dealer for a test drive in an EV6 GT-line S RWD (I’m thinking of getting a GT-line S AWD with Heat Pump in Runway Red) which I like a lot, however when we got back to dealership they went through some figures and on looking at the figures again when I got home, for some reason they have the price £960 more than Kia’s own OTR price (and 1st dealer)…the 2nd dealers price also included an Admin Fee (£60) not sure what this is?

I thought in UK it’s illegal to charge more than MRSP?

Kia website (and 1st dealers) price £52845
2nd dealers price £53805
Difference 2nd dealer £960 more
Obviously, I haven’t agreed to anything with 2nd dealer….and don’t think I will be buying from there.

They will probably say they’ve made a mistake but mistakes of nearly £1000 pounds shouldn’t be made.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Heat pump is about £900 and you can't spec that on the website. I'm guessing the first dealer also didn't add it.

So I'd be buying from the second dealer as they actually got your order right :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
Been to a 2nd ‘local’ Kia dealer for a test drive in an EV6 GT-line S RWD (I’m thinking of getting a GT-line S AWD with Heat Pump in Runway Red) which I like a lot, however when we got back to dealership they went through some figures and on looking at the figures again when I got home, for some reason they have the price £960 more than Kia’s own OTR price (and 1st dealer)…the 2nd dealers price also included an Admin Fee (£60) not sure what this is?

2nd dealers price £53805
Obviously, I haven’t agreed to anything with 2nd dealer….and don’t think I will be buying from there.

They will probably say they’ve made a mistake but mistakes of nearly £1000 pounds shouldn’t be made.
Don't know about £60 but £55 is added for VED, required for every new car, whether EV or ICE.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heat pump is about £900 and you can't spec that on the website. I'm guessing the first dealer also didn't add it.

So I'd be buying from the second dealer as they actually got your order right :D
Dont think second dealer has got order right see attached price list from Kia’s website.
Car without heat pump is £51945 OTR
Heat pump is an additional £900
Total should be £52845 OTR
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software

Reactions: Desmo

·
Registered
440 Posts
You're right....looking back at the website dealer ones got it right including the heat pump. Maybe dealer two has added a second heat pump? :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: BillyC

·
Registered
104 Posts
Out of interest did they try to include a £499 'protection pack' (mats, boot cover, paint and interior treatment) and £399 alloy insurance? These appear on my quote after a test drive. Are they little bargaining chips that they might use to sweeten a deal?

I was also advised of a possible UK price rise 1st Dec which may have been dealer pressure, although they were honest to say that 1st Jan more usual.

I was not ready to order after a first drive. I struggled a bit with seat and driving position and need a second longer drive. Seat comfy but the wheel is a bit far away for my long-legged driving style maybe, and raked a bit. We shall see.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Out of interest did they try to include a £499 'protection pack' (mats, boot cover, paint and interior treatment) and £399 alloy insurance? These appear on my quote after a test drive. Are they little bargaining chips that they might use to sweeten a deal?

I was also advised of a possible UK price rise 1st Dec which may have been dealer pressure, although they were honest to say that 1st Jan more usual.

I was not ready to order after a first drive. I struggled a bit with seat and driving position and need a second longer drive. Seat comfy but the wheel is a bit far away for my long-legged driving style maybe, and raked a bit. We shall see.
My quote from 2nd dealer after rest drive was as below and included protection pack and GAP.

Retail Price EV6 GT-LINE S AWD with HeatPump in RUNWAY RED £53690
First Registration Fee £55
Admin Fee £60
gap insurance £499
paint protection (part of pack including floor-mats, mudflats, boot liner, roadside safety kit) £549.99
(a cheaper pack is available without the paint protection)
🤣Fuel £20 (although dealer did say this should be removed)
MOT fee £0.00 Free for life of ownership of vehicle
(This was used as a selling point….not that interested in this….it’s 3yrs from ownership away and no one knows if dealer or myself will be around then🤷🏻‍♂️🙈 )

This dealer has also said there will be a KIA price increase but they have said it will be mid-December….I immediately thought it was a selling point to get me to make purchase then. No other dealers have mentioned this….. ive been to 5-6 dealers.

·
Registered
840 Posts
My quote from 2nd dealer after rest drive was as below and included protection pack and GAP.

Retail Price EV6 GT-LINE S AWD with HeatPump in RUNWAY RED £53690
First Registration Fee £55
Admin Fee £60
gap insurance £499
paint protection (part of pack including floor-mats, mudflats, boot liner, roadside safety kit) £549.99
(a cheaper pack is available without the paint protection)
🤣Fuel £20 (although dealer did say this should be removed)
MOT fee £0.00 Free for life of ownership of vehicle
(This was used as a selling point….not that interested in this….it’s 3yrs from ownership away and no one knows if dealer or myself will be around then🤷🏻‍♂️🙈 )

This dealer has also said there will be a KIA price increase but they have said it will be mid-December….I immediately thought it was a selling point to get me to make purchase then. No other dealers have mentioned this….. ive been to 5-6 dealers.
I also got told about the price increase in Fife, APR and price are rising, APR from 4.9% to 6%? not sure what prices are rising to on the cars.

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts

2nd dealers price £53805

My dealership in CT usa is telling me they’re going to charge $10,000 over the MSRP… They can keep the it! They are new to being certified to repair EV’s, and with the glitches of heating and other annoyances… it makes the kia EV6 not worth the money! I can my partner complaining(rightfully so) that she’s cold and that we should have taken the other car!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts