Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a reservation in on a first edition. I called Kia and have a case number as my dealer has no clue what is going on and said he has not heard anything about it and does not show a reservation in his system. Is there a way to see this reservation and also when will dealer's get the scope and our reservations? I am still waiting on a call from Kia corporate sales to help me out. if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
309 Posts
I have a reservation in on a first edition. I called Kia and have a case number as my dealer has no clue what is going on and said he has not heard anything about it and does not show a reservation in his system. Is there a way to see this reservation and also when will dealer's get the scope and our reservations? I am still waiting on a call from Kia corporate sales to help me out. if anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. Thanks
Hey there @waitinggame , happy Monday and welcome to the forum!

So, Kia corporate took the reservations for the FE's themselves. They have NOT issued those orders and vehicles to the respective dealers yet.

You can monitor your reservation at the following link:

You can sign in with the information you used to create your reservation and see that it exists.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey there @waitinggame , happy Monday and welcome to the forum!

So, Kia corporate took the reservations for the FE's themselves. They have NOT issued those orders and vehicles to the respective dealers yet.

You can monitor your reservation at the following link:

You can sign in with the information you used to create your reservation and see that it exists.
Thanks. I have visited the site and the reservation is there but it does not show the changes I made before September 1st deadline but I have the upgraded email so I am good. Appreciate the info.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks. I have visited the site and the reservation is there but it does not show the changes I made before September 1st deadline but I have the upgraded email so I am good. Appreciate the info.
Of Course!

As soon as they release vehicles and reservations to the dealer network, I will update the forum!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Do you have any updates if KIA will have access to Tesla Superchargers? I believe KIA or is it Hyundai or perhaps both will offer free charging for a limited amount of time through Electrify America.
Hey @Mosko006 , I don't believe that we will have access to Tesla's network for some time. Their network has proprietary plugs that aren't compatible with anyone else's vehicle.

The FE reservation holders had an opportunity to choose a "gift" with their EV6 and one of those choices was a 1,000 kilowatt credit (15 charges approximately) on the Electrify America network chargers.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Hey @Mosko006 , I don't believe that we will have access to Tesla's network for some time. Their network has proprietary plugs that aren't compatible with anyone else's vehicle.

The FE reservation holders had an opportunity to choose a "gift" with their EV6 and one of those choices was a 1,000 kilowatt credit (15 charges approximately) on the Electrify America network chargers.
That's right, I forgot about that as I can't afford the FE, lol.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts

Tesla sell an SAE J1772 Charging Adapter for level 2 charging. According out of spec motoring a DCFC leave 3 is also in the works.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Tesla sell an SAE J1772 Charging Adapter for level 2 charging. According out of spec motoring a DCFC leave 3 is also in the works.
Hey @Ken Chalk , that's exactly right! Tesla does offer an adapter to make their cars work on the rest of the worlds network. BUT, how to make the rest of the worlds cars work on THEIR network...? You would have to purchase a $150 adapter that connects the Tesla charger to your J1772 EV. How many people want to purchase a $150 adapter just to use Tesla's network that is also going to charge you more because you don't have a Tesla? I can charge somewhere else and be okay with it. LOL

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hey @Ken Chalk , that's exactly right! Tesla does offer an adapter to make their cars work on the rest of the worlds network. BUT, how to make the rest of the worlds cars work on THEIR network...? You would have to purchase a $150 adapter that connects the Tesla charger to your J1772 EV. How many people want to purchase a $150 adapter just to use Tesla's network that is also going to charge you more because you don't have a Tesla? I can charge somewhere else and be okay with it. LOL
Sort of right. I have the Tesla Tap (Telsa to J1772) adapter for me Bolt. You are right that it allows you to use the Tesla Destination chargers (Level 2). That said those types do not charge you for charging, they are simple Level 2 chargers, the types you find in parking garages, hotels, etc. The adapter will NOT allow you to use a Super Charger which, if you could would charge you $$$ for the use. Also, since it's J1772 it wouldn't work anyway since those pins are for AC charging and not the big DC pins below. We need a new type of adapter for that.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE - Glacier White
62 Posts
Tesla is testing third-party charging in Netherlands. Since infrastructure bill with EV charging incentives passed, most likely Tesla will use those funds to than offer it here in states. Superchargers will be updated, if they follow Netherlands, with CCS connectors. Would be relatively cheap for Tesla since funding would help with this upgrade costs. The Tesla app would then you find non-Tesla Superchargers (upgraded ones). No idea when it how long that roll out will take. Depends how high priority they make it but would be money maker for them in long run.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts