Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(first post will be edited with inventory as time goes on)(updated:4/9/2022)

Update: As of today I got word from upper management that we will be selling the EV6 at $2500 over MSRP. Im sorry to announce this but my hands are tied on the matter.

I work at a dealership in Boise Idaho, As EV6's come available we will be updating this post to ensure everyone has a chance to see what comes in. We do out of state as well.

Have a photo of drivers license ready if you are putting down a deposit. Please Text as I do not answer unknown numbers. I rarely check the forum so text is by far the best way to get in touch.

We just recently got told by KIA that we can place custom orders as well. we do not have an ETA of when these cars will come in but I imagine it's faster than waiting and hoping what you want comes in without a deposit on it.

I will update inventory as we get allocation.
Available inventory:

Special allocation:
(These cars were given to us by force, we did not order these)

1. KNDC3DLC0N5049498- Glacier - Wind - $52,915 + 2500 - ETA 5/06/2020

Cody Wolfe
Cell: 760-543-8064

·
Registered
38 Posts
For anyone who is interested, LaFontaine Kia of Dearborn MI is also selling their EV6's at MSRP and will take out of state orders. Super nice and easy to deal with. I was scheduled to pickup an EV6 this week, but due to a family emergency I am forced to put off purchase for now. If you are interested, ask for Ryan Liggons, ([email protected], (313)-996-6362). Don't know what other EV6's are available besides the gravity blue Wind AWD w/tech package that I just let go...

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE
57 Posts
For anyone who is interested, LaFontaine Kia of Dearborn MI is also selling their EV6's at MSRP and will take out of state orders. Super nice and easy to deal with. I was scheduled to pickup an EV6 this week, but due to a family emergency I am forced to put off purchase for now. If you are interested, ask for Ryan Liggons, ([email protected], (313)-996-6362). Don't know what other EV6's are available besides the gravity blue Wind AWD w/tech package that I just let go...
Maybe it is just me but this might have been more appropriate as a stand alone post.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I work at a dealership in Boise Idaho, we just had a white GT-Line come available that the deposit backed out on. We are selling this vehicle at MSRP (along with all our other EV6's). If anyone is interested in putting down a deposit let me know!

Window sticker attached. this is a first come first serve. Have a photo of drivers license ready if you are putting down a deposit. Please Text as I do not answer unknown numbers.

Cody Wolfe
Cell: 760-543-8064
Cody, I just sent an e-mail to your dealership. I am out of state, but am interested. Do you offer any shipping options?

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE
57 Posts
lol agreed but I don't mind people piggy backing on the post. We're all here to stick it to the dealers charging over MSRP and rip off their clients
I appreciate it, all of the dealerships in the Portland area appear to be asking at least $5k over. If I had known a week ago I would have gladly drove to Boise from the PDX area to save $3500 over MSRP I had to pay for my FE. May be already regretting the Matte paint lol but it’s an awesome car.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
We just recently got told by KIA that we can place custom orders as well. we do not have an ETA of when these cars will come in but I imagine it's faster than waiting and hoping what you want comes in without a deposit on it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I appreciate it, all of the dealerships in the Portland area appear to be asking at least $5k over. If I had known a week ago I would have gladly drove to Boise from the PDX area to save $3500 over MSRP I had to pay for my FE. May be already regretting the Matte paint lol but it’s an awesome car.
Just yesterday I went to Weston Kia in Gresham - $4k markup, only $3k if you're willing to take a $1k hit on your trade. (????).

Most people I've seen talk about shipping usually toss around prices of $800-$1500... which is still a heck of a lot less than a $4k markup. The search continues. :)

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 FE
57 Posts
Just yesterday I went to Weston Kia in Gresham - $4k markup, only $3k if you're willing to take a $1k hit on your trade. (????).

Most people I've seen talk about shipping usually toss around prices of $800-$1500... which is still a heck of a lot less than a $4k markup. The search continues. :)
I see Weston Kia is still offering 3k over MSRP on their express store directly:

Maybe you could sell your trade for more with Carvana or something. I personally took the screenshot of $3k over at Westin and used it to get about 3k over at Beaverton Kia.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I had a Carvana quote with me, and they immediately told me they can't ever match those... which I could live with, if they are in the ballpark and can deal elsewhere, namely on the markup.
They did give me a counter at $3k markup but only if I did the trade with them. In the end, I still feel $3k is too much, and will wait it out.

Which is sad - the test drive blew me away. I'd love to have one, but don't really have a 'need' right now, so waiting is fine.

I did see Beaverton had them as well, but just like when I bought my Stinger in the area, they were the highest price.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I just called up a local dealer that is selling at MSRP, but the sales person kept telling me that custom order can't be placed. Is this ability to order only open to certain dealers? Maybe because this particular dealer is small which is why they can't custom order yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just called up a local dealer that is selling at MSRP, but the sales person kept telling me that custom order can't be placed. Is this ability to order only open to certain dealers? Maybe because this particular dealer is small which is why they can't custom order yet.
That would be my best guess. On the first role out of inventory we got about 8 EV6's sent to us and sold them all within a week of them arriving. So we were then allocated another 7, those all have been sold as well and they aren't even here yet. As it pertains to ordering vehicles in the auto industry right now, not all dealers are created equal. Manufacturers are penalizing those who are selling over MSRP and reducing allocation while rewarding those who are doing business well and continue to keep their CSI high, and have a higher turn rate on inventory.

It's also possible that the sales guy you talked to doesn't keep in touch with his inventory manager, or the inventory manager just doesn't care to keep in contact with their sales people.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Not sur if you're still looking but there was a KIA dealer in Bremerton WA that said they were not marking up prices. Also, I negotiated the mark up I paid from $5000 to $1500.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not sur if you're still looking but there was a KIA dealer in Bremerton WA that said they were not marking up prices. Also, I negotiated the mark up I paid from $5000 to $1500.
Ah! Thanks for the info! I just hit-up their website and saw their 'no markup' notice! A few models are excluded, but not the EV6 so far! Another dealer for me to keep watching - thank you kindly for the heads-up! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts