Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got off the phone with the dealership. They never let me know that the car arrived. They called once earlier in the month to say they wanted to “talk about my reservation”. I called and texted later but got no response. Just got through and they let me know they sold it “since they haven’t heard from me”. Probably got someone to pay a nice markup on it…. Frustrating. From Kia I should have had 10 days after it arrived to purchase it but guess if the dealership can make money why follow the agreement? Guess I’m going back in the queue at another dealership. Thanks Stokes Kia!

Update: the complaint to Kia ended with them telling me that it is between me and the dealership since they are independently owned but will ‘keep my complaint on file’.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
306 Posts
Just got off the phone with the dealership. They never let me know that the car arrived. They called once earlier in the month to say they wanted to “talk about my reservation”. I called and texted later but got no response. Just got through and they let me know they sold it “since they haven’t heard from me”. Probably got someone to pay a nice markup on it…. Frustrating. From Kia I should have had 10 days after it arrived to purchase it but guess if the dealership can make money why follow the agreement? Guess I’m going back in the queue at another dealership. Thanks Stokes Kia!
You should definitely submit a complaint to KIA Corporate about this, they should've reached out to once your FE was there. Thats the whole point of the reservation. Submit a complaint to KIA Corporate and write a yelp review. It's not fair to you since you waited for almost a year for an FE.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Agree with @jamisonl Here is some contact info:
KIA Customer Service: 800-333-4542

Eric Watson, VP Sales [email protected] , Russell Wager, VP Marketing [email protected] CORRECTED EMAIL ADDRESSES

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
306 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
If they didn't contact you in writing then they might have a tough time proving to Kia corporate that they properly notified you that your reserved EV6 had arrived. You can easily show that you attempted to call and text them back but they didn't contact you again. I'd download your detailed cell phone bill to show when they called you and when called and texted them back to show Kia corporate what this dealership pulled on you. It certainly looks like this dealer wanted to have the 10 day clock run out so they could sell your FE to another customer.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am not on twitter but that seems like the ideal platform for this kind of an issue. Call out the dealer by name and raise hell to maximize pressure on both Kia and the dealer to fix this with you.

·
Registered
534 Posts
In the UK and I think EU that could not happen. Firstly, it's illegal to sell above a published list price and secondly; if a dealer makes any change to an order especially the customer they lose all their margin. It's contracted. I had to change my finance company twice (long story) and each change had to be signed off by Kia UK.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-Line S RWD HP
48 Posts
In the UK and I think EU that could not happen. Firstly, it's illegal to sell above a published list price and secondly; if a dealer makes any change to an order especially the customer they lose all their margin. It's contracted. I had to change my finance company twice (long story) and each change had to be signed off by Kia UK.
Also... within the UK and EU you could ask for a Subject Access Request. The dealership would need to hand over every scrap of information they have on you. This would provide you with any evidence you may require. I'm unsure if the US has any similar kind of regulations.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Agree with @jamisonl Here is some contact info:
KIA Customer Service: 800-333-4542

Eric Watson, VP Sales [email protected] , Russell Wager, VP Marketing [email protected]
Those emails both bounced back for me.
Use @kiausa.com or put a “dot” between first initial and last name, then @kiausa.com

I had done an email validation for both of them previously but don’t remember off hand what the combo was.
@apollo, in case what @Cnsheets posted wasn't clear, the email domain was incorrect. The email addresses should have been [email protected] and [email protected] (not kia.com). Here are some other Kia contacts.

·
Registered
390 Posts
It's not illegal in the UK. But it just isn't the done thing here.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts