Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KiaWest added their logo sticker to the back of my car. I would like to take it off but am worried about damaging the paint. Basically transparent plat with a printed logo.
Does anyone know a safe way to do this?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sticker/Vinyl/Decal:
  • Heat it up until its hot to the the touch - 1 sticker piece at a time.
    • Use a heat gun or blow dryer (just make sure not to boil the paint with the HG)
  • Get a plastic scraping tool (credit card, ID card, hotel room key) and taking it off little at a time.
  • After the whole decal is off then get some adhesive remover or Goo Gone and a microfiber towel.
    • put GooGone on the towel and rub off the sticker. Clean after with soapy water if you want.
  • Watch this: How To Remove Sticker/Decals
Emblem or Badge:
  • You need Fishing line, heat gun or blowdryer, GooGone + Microfiber towel or a eraser tool w/ a drill attachment
  • Heat up the whole emblem (w/o boiling the paint)
  • Run the fishing line a sawing motion through the back of the badge(s) and remove
  • take off what you can with your hands and then use GooGone with microfiber towel and rub off adhesive OR use the erase tool on a drill at slow-mid speeds and watch it disappear.
  • Watch This: How To Debadge You Car EASILY!

·
Registered
GT-Line 2 (initial 200)
709 Posts
Can't afford the gas to drive there! :unsure:
You can wait for your first service, recall, software updates, or warranty visit and ask then.

Mine's going in on Monday for the HUD issue and I'm going to get them to remove the raised dealership decal at the same time. They're a huge pain to wax around

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am going to switch dealers anyway so maybe I will get the new guys to do it. If there is something coming up shortly.
Do we still need to go to the dealer for software updates?
Good luck with the HUD!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts