Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,393 Posts
That’s great. And the HB Kia that they mentioned was one I walked away from because of markups. Wish they would have checked out Cerritos Kia for this article. They’re even worse than the ones listed.

·
Registered
EV6 FE
35 Posts
When I purchased my car, I received a survey from Kia and one of the questions is why didn't I go to my local dealer. I thought that was a good opportunity to mention the high markup as well as requiring a credit check to just test drive the car. I only hope when the market gets back to normal, people remember how the dealerships took advantage of the situation and instead take their busines to the ones that didn't do crazy mark ups.

·
Registered
61 Posts
More consumers and potential buyers need to make their voices known. I submitted the KIA online complaint form about predatory pricing with a copy of the markup a local dealer was charging and received this response:

"Thank you for contacting Kia America. Thank you for your valued feedback. It will be documented in the case we’ve created for you, shared with our corporate and regional executives and forwarded to the appropriate dealer personnel for review. You may receive a call directly from dealership staff.
Thank you for working with Kia America.
Sincerely,
Kia America"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REPLY INSTRUCTIONS: If further communication is desired with a Kia Consumer Assistance agent, please reply directly to this e-mail without altering or deleting any information. This will allow for your response to be routed to the appropriate agent in a timely manner. Case#XXXXX

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,393 Posts
More consumers and potential buyers need to make their voices known. I submitted the KIA online complaint form about predatory pricing with a copy of the markup a local dealer was charging and received this response:

"Thank you for contacting Kia America. Thank you for your valued feedback. It will be documented in the case we’ve created for you, shared with our corporate and regional executives and forwarded to the appropriate dealer personnel for review. You may receive a call directly from dealership staff.
Thank you for working with Kia America.
Sincerely,
Kia America"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REPLY INSTRUCTIONS: If further communication is desired with a Kia Consumer Assistance agent, please reply directly to this e-mail without altering or deleting any information. This will allow for your response to be routed to the appropriate agent in a timely manner. Case#XXXXX
"Forwarded to the appropriate dealer personnel" Like that will do anything. Those same dealer personnel are the ones responsible for the markups and price gouging.

·
Registered
61 Posts
"Forwarded to the appropriate dealer personnel" Like that will do anything. Those same dealer personnel are the ones responsible for the markups and price gouging.
The only part that gives a glimmer of hope is this ".............shared with our corporate and regional executives"

I'd rather voice an opinion than do nothing so that was my motivation. Ultimately I will vote with my wallet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts