Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking my EV6 up 3/5 from out of state, about 2.5 hours away. So far, they say they don't even have a part number for the hitch. It's in the accessories list for $540, but they can't tell me if it's 1.25 or 2 (or 2.5) inches or when they'll have it. I'm not going to do another 5 hour round trip to get the hitch from them if it isn't available by 3/5. Anyone have any info on getting a hitch installed so we can get bike racks?

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line First Edition #360
72 Posts
Nope. I am curious though, I have the GT-Line and it states that Trailer Harness is standard. I wonder what that is exactly. Is the 4 pin already there? Or the hardness for the 4 pin is there to plug into.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Nope. I am curious though, I have the GT-Line and it states that Trailer Harness is standard. I wonder what that is exactly. Is the 4 pin already there? Or the hardness for the 4 pin is there to plug into.
If it’s like the Telluride and Pallisade “tow hitch ready” or however they phrase it means there’s a wiring harness with a plugged female connector zip tied up in the rear left bumper area.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti
253 Posts
If it’s like the Telluride and Pallisade “tow hitch ready” or however they phrase it means there’s a wiring harness with a plugged female connector zip tied up in the rear left bumper area.
I've asked a few new owners to look for that connection and so far no one has found it. If someone does, please post up a picture of its location.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've asked a few new owners to look for that connection and so far no one has found it. If someone does, please post up a picture of its location.
Chip, We "traded" our order from the Yellow FE to Matte Grey FE and picked it up a couple days ago. It is now being PPFed and "Ceramiced".
I am equally hitch interested and when we get it back, I'll confirm harness... That said, here's the sticker and it is pretty explicit about wiring...
We're trying to get TowBar information and finding crickets, or locusts...

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti
253 Posts
I have now had someone tell me that it is a female connector that is zip tied up under the right rear fascia, but still no pictures. Get out your Hercule Poirot detective gear and find that connection! ;)

·
Super Moderator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
1,801 Posts
Where is this plug? I will get my meter and test light and see if the brake lights or signals give signal. If so, that's it. If not, then the hunt continues.
Did you have any joy with the plug?

·
Registered
2022, EV 6 GT AWD
2 Posts
What does the hitch look like installed on a GT ? Also does the hitch weight effect range ?

·
Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti
253 Posts
I found a picture of the (USA) KIA installed receiver hitch. Sadly not a 2", but maybe that will come later or you can just buy an adapter that will accommodate a 2" piece. I have asked for more pictures to see how / if the lower fascia had to be cut or modified.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Tread

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line
112 Posts
Is this it? This is behind the cover on the left side of the rear cargo area.

View attachment 2869
Where is this plug? I will get my meter and test light and see if the brake lights or signals give signal. If so, that's it. If not, then the hunt continues.
Thanks to Micheal Wallace on the US Owners FB page for being rear-ended and giving us a look at what lies under the bumper. We were able to determine where the harness connects. Under the bumper there's a blue covered plug. This connects to the orange cable of harness control unit. The control unit then sends out the cable to the hitch.
Cable Jewellery Networking cables Auto part Wire

Tire Automotive tire Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive design

Hood Bumper Automotive exterior Linens Motor vehicle

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks to Micheal Wallace on the US Owners FB page for being rear-ended and giving us a look at what lies under the bumper. We were able to determine where the harness connects. Under the bumper there's a blue covered plug. This connects to the orange cable of harness control unit. The control unit then sends out the cable to the hitch.
View attachment 3272
View attachment 3273

View attachment 3274

Yeah, I was the one discussing with him on the group. :).

·
Registered
2016 Ford Edge Ti
253 Posts
Am I missing something? I can"t see where any of the pictured plugs look like they fit into that blue connector, unless the one with the orange leads has contact points on the opposite side. If you are paying for all of those items (looks to me like most of it is for a seven pin / with trailer brake) you should (hopefully) be able to find an aftermarket pigtail for a non electric braked trailer for a whole lot less money than what KIA is selling the entire kit for?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Am I missing something? I can"t see where any of the pictured plugs look like they fit into that blue connector, unless the one with the orange leads has contact points on the opposite side. If you are paying for all of those items (looks to me like most of it is for a seven pin / with trailer brake) you should (hopefully) be able to find an aftermarket pigtail for a non electric braked trailer for a whole lot less money than what KIA is selling the entire kit for?

Hitch and Harness cost me a tad over $500 to order and ship to me.

Will see how it is to install.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts