Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I am looking to purchase a new EV6, but have come across crazy markups. Anywhere from 10k-25k here in California. Do y'all know of any places that are not marking up prices as I would love to get my hands on one of these beauties.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-L RWD
242 Posts
Out of state has been the most hassle free in my experience. I've heard Valencia will do MSRP--that's gonna be your closest to LA right now--but I haven't been able to confirm.

·
Registered
2022 Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD Yacht Blue
117 Posts
Carson Kia will negotiate down to MSRP but they will try to hit you with 5-10k right at the start. Just laugh and walk away and they will start dropping the price real quick though. I was offered MSRP before I told them no thanks... they lost me when they started off at 10k over sticker with a straight face with 50 sitting on the lot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Carson Kia will negotiate down to MSRP but they will try to hit you with 5-10k right at the start. Just laugh and walk away and they will start dropping the price real quick though. I was offered MSRP before I told them no thanks... they lost me when they started off at 10k over sticker with a straight face with 50 sitting on the lot.
smooth move! I will give them a try as well

·
Registered
5 Posts
Redding is doing $3k markup but they're also doubling the 10yr warranty to 20 so at least you get something in return, which only matters if you're near them.
Oh wow 20 years... That might be worth it if you plan on keeping your car for that long

Sadly I don't live anywhere near Redding, I'm in the Bay Area and I haven't found anyone that's doing MSRP yet...

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,393 Posts
Yeah or if you don't wanna wait, just go the out of state route like a lot of us here.
The $1300 cost I'm paying to ship from Colorado is worth it to me when you look at how outrageous some of these markups are. If I could find the time in my work schedule to go pick it up in person and road trip back I would, its just not in the cards. I even told some local dealerships that i was willing to pay $1k over MSRP (almost the cost to ship from out of state) and no one would budge. So out of state at MSRP it is.

·
Registered
EV6 GT-L RWD
242 Posts
The $1300 cost I'm paying to ship from Colorado is worth it to me when you look at how outrageous some of these markups are. If I could find the time in my work schedule to go pick it up in person and road trip back I would, its just not in the cards. I even told some local dealerships that i was willing to pay $1k over MSRP (almost the cost to ship from out of state) and no one would budge. So out of state at MSRP it is.
Average quote I got to ship from Idaho was about $1000 too, prices ranged from $500 to $1700... Which is not ideal but it's door to door service AND it's not just money pissed away to a markup, which in CA means you lose even more due to the sales tax on the higher purchase price thanks to the markup.

·
Registered
Snow White Pearl GT-Line AWD
1,393 Posts
Hmm buying out of state is now tempting... What is the buying process for out of state? I've never purchased a car out of state so would be good to know how it all works
My first time as well. The dealer I’m working with has been very helpful as they do a lot of transaction from out of state folks, especially to California. Basically, if you bring your own financing, make sure they allow out of state purchases. If not, you can finance with the dealers companies and refinance once in state. You do all the paperwork and the dealers send a buyers order to the finance company. Then they cut the dealer a check. The dealer should charge you tax based on your home state and location. Once the car gets to you or you pick it up, you’ll need to Goto dmv and register it in your home state. Dealer won’t charge registration fees on the order. That’s the short of it from my understanding. I’ll know more details as I get closer to getting the vehicle. It’s due at the dealership on the 3rd.

I’m sure someone here who’s done it previously could provide better insight.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts