Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Brand new to this forum.

I have put a deposit down on a sight unseen Kia GT-Line due in 2/18/2022. I like what I see on paper but I am new to Kia as brand.

I also have a deposit on a 2022 Volvo XC40 Recharge, which I have test driven. It is due in 2/18/2022.

Anyone out there have experience with the XC40 Recharge and with Kia?

Thank you.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hi. Brand new to this forum.

I have put a deposit down on a sight unseen Kia GT-Line due in 2/18/2022. I like what I see on paper but I am new to Kia as brand.

I also have a deposit on a 2022 Volvo XC40 Recharge, which I have test driven. It is due in 2/18/2022.

Anyone out there have experience with the XC40 Recharge and with Kia?

Thank you.
I have driven a regular XC40 and an EV6. I felt like the EV6 was quite a bit roomier. The recharge is built on the ICE platform, so don’t think they could tweak the design as much to allow for more interior space. I believe it’s also a good bit smaller on the outside. Additionally, I believe the range on the Kia is a bit better. I also think the Kia may have some additional creature comforts such as ventilated seats, that are unavailable on the Volvo.

if it was me, I’d pick the Kia. However, I recognize everyone has different tastes and needs, so that may not be the best decision for everyone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have driven a regular XC40 and an EV6. I felt like the EV6 was quite a bit roomier. The recharge is built on the ICE platform, so don’t think they could tweak the design as much to allow for more interior space. I believe it’s also a good bit smaller on the outside. Additionally, I believe the range on the Kia is a bit better. I also think the Kia may have some additional creature comforts such as ventilated seats, that are unavailable on the Volvo.

if it was me, I’d pick the Kia. However, I recognize everyone has different tastes and needs, so that may not be the best decision for everyone.
Thank you for the input.

The EV6 has 50+ miles of range. I personally like the XC40 styling but it is a bit small.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m sort of in the same boat…. I had been waiting on the XC40 recharge to come out, but then I found it he ev6…. I like the features on it much more than I do the Volvo…. But…. I think I t’s going to come down to price. From what I’m seeing in Middle Tennessee is a lot of markup on the ev6 and that I’m just not going to do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m sort of in the same boat…. I had been waiting on the XC40 recharge to come out, but then I found it he ev6…. I like the features on it much more than I do the Volvo…. But…. I think I t’s going to come down to price. From what I’m seeing in Middle Tennessee is a lot of markup on the ev6 and that I’m just not going to do.
I live in ID and both the Volvo and EV6 are MSRP. Like you I will not pay more than MSRP.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Internet representative at Gossett Kia in Memphis said that they are selling the EV6 at sticker price without any markup.

·
Registered
5 Posts
The Internet representative at Gossett Kia in Memphis said that they are selling the EV6 at sticker price without any markup.
You know…. After the experience I had at Greenway last Friday, I’m just really turned off Kia in general. I found one at a dealership in KY for MSRP, but knowing that I’d have to use Greenway or drive to Murfreesboro for service left a sour taste in my mouth.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts