Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a call from my KIA-dealer, who earlier had promised me, that yesterday or today they could give an exact delivery date. The dealer then told me, that my car is expected to be delivered in first quarter of 2022o_O I ordered medio June.

How is it not possible for a carmaker to give an exact date for delivery? I'm amazed that KIA only goes so far as to inform me a date within a whole quarter. You would think a modern carmaker could narrow it down a bit more. Not impressed馃槖

Is this normal for KIA worldwide or is it only the Danish distributor who's clueless?

Registered
2022 Kia EV6 First Edition Steel Gray Matte
Just had a call from my KIA-dealer, who earlier had promised me, that yesterday or today they could give an exact delivery date. The dealer then told me, that my car is expected to be delivered in first quarter of 2022o_O I ordered medio June.

How is it not possible for a carmaker to give an exact date for delivery? I'm amazed that KIA only goes so far as to inform me a date within a whole quarter. You would think a modern carmaker could narrow it down a bit more. Not impressed馃槖

Is this normal for KIA worldwide or is it only the Danish distributor who's clueless?
Hey @hboa, happy Tuesday!

Just be glad you're not getting a Tesla! They have a hard time hitting the correct YEAR sometimes. LOL

Registered

I guess you have a low number in the queue for a new car?
Mine is 2356.
So do not expect to receive the car until sometime late in the first quarter.

One can always be pleasantly surprised 馃コ

Registered
I signed the papers in this weekend, and the delivery date is set to 31/5-2022
The dealer hoped that it might come in April, but he could only guess :cautious:
Are there more than 2000 orders in Denmark :eek:

A polestar dealer told me, that they had hoped to sell a 100 in Denmark in 2021. By nov. 1. they had sold 750

Registered
I signed the papers in this weekend, and the delivery date is set to 31/5-2022
The dealer hoped that it might come in April, but he could only guess :cautious:
Are there more than 2000 orders in Denmark :eek:

A polestar dealer told me, that they had hoped to sell a 100 in Denmark in 2021. By nov. 1. they had sold 750
31. may!! o_O WTH Kia! - what's going on down there ..?
What specifications did you go for? - and what booking-number?

I went for GT-line S AWD in black.

Registered
Hey, I ordered couple days ago an EV6 GT-Line AWD 325hp and the production + delivery time is up to 6 months. There was nothing interesting in stock at the moment. Only couple of mid spec RWDs. There is a large shipment coming in December but they are mostly cars from large bulk orders made by the leasing companies for long term rental offers.

Registered
E-mail received from my seller:
Sorry it is in danish.

Nej det er ikke helt rigtigt, heldigvis...
Vores performens og gt-Line kunder har jo frem til sidst i m氓neden at bestille og f酶rst der bliver de tildelt :)
Vi har lige haft tildelingsdag i g氓r p氓 Long Range, og her fik ca. 80% kunderne bilerne inden for 6uger :)
S氓 lad os h氓ber at dem med awd kommer i januar/februar :)

Jeg ved mere om ca 14 dage :)

So maybe in february 馃

Registered
Sorry it is in danish.

Vores performens og gt-Line kunder har jo frem til sidst i m氓neden at bestille og f酶rst der bliver de tildelt :)
Vi har lige haft tildelingsdag i g氓r p氓 Long Range, og her fik ca. 80% kunderne bilerne inden for 6uger :)

So maybe in february 馃

Registered
Sorry it is in danish.

So maybe in february 馃
Heres the google translation to English:

No it's not quite right, thankfully ...
Our performance and gt-Line customers have until the end of the month to order and only then will they be awarded :)
We just had an award day yesterday at Long Range, and here got approx. 80% customers the cars within 6 weeks :)
So let's hope those with awd come in January / February :)

I know more in about 14 days

Registered
Dealers in Ireland have promised me time and time again that I'd have a car my "late November at the latest". I was told I've been assigned a car and confirmed chassis/VIN. Now I'm being told that KIA Ireland are holding all GT Line cars back until 1st of Jan 2022 because they've already hit their co2 targets for 2021. If that's actually the case then I'm cancelling and getting a Model 3 out of principle, I trust a Feb 2022 delivery date from Tesla, KIA are just pulling my leg

Registered
Dealers in Ireland have promised me time and time again that I'd have a car my "late November at the latest". I was told I've been assigned a car and confirmed chassis/VIN. Now I'm being told that KIA Ireland are holding all GT Line cars back until 1st of Jan 2022 because they've already hit their co2 targets for 2021. If that's actually the case then I'm cancelling and getting a Model 3 out of principle, I trust a Feb 2022 delivery date from Tesla, KIA are just pulling my leg
So you think Tesla cares about you, if they can save themselves from a huge fine :D

31. may!! o_O WTH Kia! - what's going on down there ..?
What specifications did you go for? - and what booking-number?

I went for GT-line S AWD in black.
Danish GT-Line in pearl white = AWD w/o Sunroof and Head-up. The sunroof takes 56mm out of the headspace, and that's just to much for me, so i will have to live without the Head-up.
I haven't received a booking nr. 31/5 is just a date for "legal reasons". They have till 31/5 + 30 days, to deliver the car, or i can get out without it costing me a penny.
He didn't know anything about a delivery timeframe, so i don't have a date.
He told me, that if i were EXTREMELY lucky i could have a car in January/february, but he doubted it.
But if they get 25 cars in my color in december, and only 24 preorders with that exact spec orders a car, then i might get one :D

Registered
Just received email from Kia about EV6 First Edition in USA. Here's what it said.
Vehicle shipping is expected to begin with deliveries to dealerships between February and May 2022.

Registered
Just received email from Kia about EV6 First Edition in USA. Here's what it said.
Vehicle shipping is expected to begin with deliveries to dealerships between February and May 2022.
Got the same email just now. And after the 23rd the dealer is the Goto regarding the FE reservation. My dealer is of course clueless thus far so I don鈥檛 expect anything to change after the 23rd.

Registered
Same email. Nothing about pricing.
Though the disclaimer at the bottom includes:
"Kia America,Inc reserves the right to make changes at any time for any reason or for no reason as to vehicle availability, destination and handling fees, colors, materials, specifications, features, accessories, packages, and models. Some color packages and option selections may include, exclude, or require the purchase of additional options and packages."

That's a very big CYA clause.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts