Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know what the inscribed bit of plastic is for?
Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

I do like the clean styling of this car but I think this piece is a bit out of place. I have a suspicion, that its there for technical reasons and not a design flaw, which was discovered to late in the design-process. I don't think it's the outlet for ventilation though, as this often is placed between the liftgate and body. Why not just make the indicator the same width as the tail-lights. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Perhaps. But all the LED lights in cars I’ve had were “see dealer” under the “replacing bulbs” in the owner’s manual.
Or maybe you’re right. Maybe some screws that hold the rear taillight unit is hidden behind it.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But why not make the indicators the same width as the tail-lights? I don't get the choice the design-team made in this instance. I off course don't know what's inside the wheel-arch, but would think, that when the tail-light can be mounted from inside the same would go for the indicators. I think this is a weird, not to mention ugly, design-choice in an overall pretty nice design.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I agree, i don't like the little black plastic part, i hope there will come a little sticker in different colors to match the cars color, that will be able to cover the plastic part, something third party probably.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I discovered it could actually be the outlet for the cabin-air, as there is no outlets between the chassis and tailgate. You would think it could have been done a bit more elegant. But anyhow I just dig this EV:love:

·
Registered
156 Posts
I discovered it could actually be the outlet for the cabin-air, as there is no outlets between the chassis and tailgate. You would think it could have been done a bit more elegant. But anyhow I just dig this EV:love:
I highly doubt it. There doesn't appear to be any open area, certainly not enough to allow proper venting. And the outlet wouldn't likely be exposed and facing up to allow water to enter.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I think it stands out on different colours. On the matte grey you hardly notice it and same with the blue I think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts