Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Just joined this forum after putting in a deposit for a Steel Grey LR AWD in GT2 spec in Canada today. I was told the expected ETA for steel grey color with GT packs cars is late 2022. Great to see the excitement of this new community pop up so fast. I was able to find a link to the Korean EV6 user manual and in it, it states mobile phones as well as card type keys can be added to the car via the mobile app. I think once added you just put either the cellphone with NFC enabled onto the wireless charger or the key card into the center of the wireless charger and you can start the car. Unlocking is also possible by holding the phone or keycard against the square spot in the center of the exterior door handle. I haven't seen a single video on Youtube showing this, especially the UK reviews. Is this actually a feature? Is anyone using this?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Congrats on the deposit! Yes a few weeks ago, the dealers got an ETA for packages and colours; hopefully your product advisor showed you that PDF. GT2 Spec in Steel Grey I think had a August-September estimated delivery window. Props on going with matte! It looks grey but I couldn't deal with the maintenance of the paint as a daily driver. (There's a matte grey Veloster that my neighbour has and it's been sitting in the parkade since September lol).

It's a possibility that the digital key is a Korea-only feature. The GV60 is shown with a face recognition/fingerprint entry/start system too (as well as digital key). I think that face recognition option is coming to North America.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was rather concerned about the matte paint as well. I read a few other forum posts about it and I wasn't joined yet so I couldn't add that I found a good solution for maintaining the matte paint from a company called Dr. Beasley. Apparently they are one of the only companies that specialize in coating and cleaners for matte paint that is guaranteed to not damage it and more importantly never cause it to appear more glossy over time. They apparently showed their stuff to Hyundai a few years back when the Veloster N was first launched with matte paint and now has exclusive deals for Hyundai customers and Genesis customers who can register as VIPs and get 15% off their products. They also have been 'approved' by Audi, BMW and Mercedes as a product to use with their factory matte paints. What is particularly good is their matte paint coating which is their version of ceramic coating that is supposed to last 1.5 to 2 years if mostly parked outdoors or as much as 6 years if mostly garage parked. Unlike other ceramic coatings, you apply it to the car with surface damp and then just wipe off excess and then buff to dry. Once cured which can take about 7 days, it's rock hard and liquids slide off it as you'd expect with any ceramic coated surface except it looks identically matte to original finish. Of course it won't protect against rocks and vandals but based on its claims, you just hose off car and it should look perfect. Bird droppings supposed to come off with ease and if dried they have a couple of different products to help release it and make it easy to remove with rubbing hard to case any shiny spots. And because it is matte, and there is no polishing involved at all. There is actually less work to do other than use the their detailer to refreshen the coating each time you wash. Pretty easy really.

·
Registered
288 Posts
That's awesome! Good to know that these types of protection exist. I did see in the UK thread, a number of members opting for PPE on their (non-matte) cars. I haven't done one but the older I get, the more I think it's worth the cost lol. (Mostly ease of cleaning as you've stated). Are there shops that apply Dr. Beasley or is it a Canadian company?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's awesome! Good to know that these types of protection exist. I did see in the UK thread, a number of members opting for PPE on their (non-matte) cars. I haven't done one but the older I get, the more I think it's worth the cost lol. (Mostly ease of cleaning as you've stated). Are there shops that apply Dr. Beasley or is it a Canadian company?
It's a US company. They sell other car detailing products as well for gloss paint. I heard some Hyundai owners get a pack with their matte finish vehicle. PPF is still the best way to go for actual damage and impact protection. I might consider doing a frontal PPF to protect against rock chips on the bumper and hood. But yes, that is pricey whereas the coating is an easy DIY.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts