Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had some issues with minor cosmetic paint and rear sensor in bumper clip. Dealer is unable to repair problems correctly. Some how one of the sensors located in the rear bumper
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Motor vehicle

half detached. I found this odd due to nothing happening to it causing it to do this. There was no evidence of the vehicle being hit plus most of the time the car is parked in my garage. Dealer repaired a detached rear bumper sensor and left a bunch of adhesive residue on the exterior of the car. The minor issues I have had left a negative untrusting feel in the two neighboring dealers in my area. My past paint issue was not handled correctly which leads me to think dealers have no business doing any type of cosmetic paint cleaning, buffing or polishing. I have minor complaints about the car.
Automotive tire Guitar accessory Mirror Musical instrument Camera lens

· Registered
19 Posts
My biggest and probably only concern about the EV6 is the poor service from the local dealers. They really have very little knowledge of the car and I think they are afraid to do anything about it because of it. I have heard many horror stories from people who have had bad experiences.

I know the car and technology are new, but I'm hoping the service technicians are getting more and more training.

· Registered
387 Posts
Some cotton and rubbing alcohol might remove that excess adhesive.

The problem is with dealers in general. I had a Jeep Grand Cherokee that finally had a buyback because three different dealers couldn't repair the transmission. The Audi dealer "missed" the oil change on a 30,000 mile service. My Ford Mach E has been sitting for six weeks waiting for a HV junction box replacement.

The EV6 has been reliable enough that dealer has only done a recall download and an 8K inspection. And I spoke with the techs and they seem to know which end of the screwdriver to pound with. For now, the Kia is a keeper.

· Registered
11 Posts
I have had some issues with minor cosmetic paint and rear sensor in bumper clip. Dealer is unable to repair problems correctly. Some how one of the sensors located in the rear bumper View attachment 10319
half detached. I found this odd due to nothing happening to it causing it to do this. There was no evidence of the vehicle being hit plus most of the time the car is parked in my garage. Dealer repaired a detached rear bumper sensor and left a bunch of adhesive residue on the exterior of the car. The minor issues I have had left a negative untrusting feel in the two neighboring dealers in my area. My past paint issue was not handled correctly which leads me to think dealers have no business doing any type of cosmetic paint cleaning, buffing or polishing. I have minor complaints about the car. View attachment 10317
I have had some issues with minor cosmetic paint and rear sensor in bumper clip. Dealer is unable to repair problems correctly. Some how one of the sensors located in the rear bumper View attachment 10319
half detached. I found this odd due to nothing happening to it causing it to do this. There was no evidence of the vehicle being hit plus most of the time the car is parked in my garage. Dealer repaired a detached rear bumper sensor and left a bunch of adhesive residue on the exterior of the car. The minor issues I have had left a negative untrusting feel in the two neighboring dealers in my area. My past paint issue was not handled correctly which leads me to think dealers have no business doing any type of cosmetic paint cleaning, buffing or polishing. I have minor complaints about the car. View attachment 10317
But , they have no problem charging over MSRP!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts