Kia EV6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Absolutely agree , picking my red ev6 up on the 4th October, sold my Tesla S yesterday, so no car at the moment hiring one from Elmo for a few weeks, enjoy yours and keep us updated.
Did similar, I sold my E class last Dec 21, used our mini cooper for 3 months, took delivery of Miss Beautiful on 18 March 22. What a car! You'll love it 馃

Registered
Can someone in either the UK or Europe find the part number of the split lights? And if their dealership ships this part to the US, thanks!
If you鈥檙e referring to the headlights, I鈥檓 not sure it would be as simple as 鈥榩lug n play鈥. The reason I think this is because these are LED Matrix headlights with individually controlled LEDs. This would require specific hardware to run as well as a line of comms to receive info on which LED to dim etc.

Administrator
Ordered July 21 Yacht Blue GT Line S AWD with Heat Pump Arrived 14 May 2022
If you鈥檙e referring to the headlights, I鈥檓 not sure it would be as simple as 鈥榩lug n play鈥. The reason o think this is because these are LED Matrix headlights with individually controlled LEDs. This would require specific hardware to run as well as a line of comms to receive info on which LED to dim etc.
Your right its not a simple change of the headlight units your need the hardware that controls them as well.

Registered
Even tho its a private forum I would always advise blocking the reg number. I know its an unlikely car to get the plate cloned, but it's a massive thing now in London with increases in congestion charges and zones.

Registered
Love ours.
The slower we charge it, the more range appears when it's done.
Wish the speedometer was centered, not on the left where we can't see it. No other gripes.

We'll be buying the 575 HP GT when they become more available and if at MSRP.

The duel-function touch controls on the lower dash is a bit distract for me, no issue with the wifie.

To charge at home free on solar and make it to Las Vegas on that charge is amazing. Free charge at the resort and make it back home.

Registered
Love our Wind AWD/Tech EV6. It gets a lotta looks and has been superb. I recently Picked up a real estate investment client at the airport. He's a retired investor from the northeast US. Doesn't drive, uses an executive car service in NY. He was very impressed. Couldn't believe how little the car costs measured against the performance and features.

It's very capable of "surprising" uninformed drivers of "performance" cars.

One negative...everytime I wash the car it takes an extra hour because people stop by to ask about the car, check out the interior etc.

And the range....consistently getting 320-328 now on the GOM on a full charge. Love that the car outperforms it's mileage rating.

Registered
@Dive Bar Casanova

Try and find a seating position which works for you with the steering wheel adjustments at full extension. I know it sounds obvious, but the further the steering wheel is from the dash, the more of the dash you can see. A higher wheel position combined with a higher seating position also helps, and puts you in more of a GT driving position giving better visibility and allowing you to place the front wheels more accurately.

Personally I never understood how people could not see part of the screen based on seat / wheel position. Regardless of height and limb length, there鈥檚 always a position that will work and give you full visibility of the display.

As a general pointer also: you should be able to rest your wrist on the top of the steering wheel with your back in full contact with the seat back. If you鈥檙e any further away, you鈥檙e compromised and will not have full control of the vehicle in a reflex-based situation.

Registered
Even tho its a private forum I would always advise blocking the reg number. I know its an unlikely car to get the plate cloned, but it's a massive thing now in London with increases in congestion charges and zones.
Sound advice but... what's to stop someone wandering down the street picking any vehicle they fancy and getting some 'show' plates made up ?

Registered
Had mine for 10 days. Traded a 2015 Tesla Model S AWD for a white GT-LINE AWD.
Overall enjoying the EV6. Rides better, quieter and has a bigger battery than my 70D with 30-40 miles more range on a good day.
Voice commands need improvement. Charging door does not open at the touch 2 out of 3 times. Often have to go into the car and push the port open button. Backup camera lines are confusing and often put me too close to the other car in my driveway regardless of how I apply corrections while in reverse. Go pedal is not as precise as the Tesla at very low speeds.
It is a great looking car. Hopefully some of the minor annoyances will be fixed over time. Oh, really need OTA updates.

Registered
2022 EV6 GT-line AWD
Had mine for 10 days. Traded a 2015 Tesla Model S AWD for a white GT-LINE AWD.
Overall enjoying the EV6. Rides better, quieter and has a bigger battery than my 70D with 30-40 miles more range on a good day.
Voice commands need improvement. Charging door does not open at the touch 2 out of 3 times. Often have to go into the car and push the port open button. Backup camera lines are confusing and often put me too close to the other car in my driveway regardless of how I apply corrections while in reverse. Go pedal is not as precise as the Tesla at very low speeds.
It is a great looking car. Hopefully some of the minor annoyances will be fixed over time. Oh, really need OTA updates.
The charging door locks after a period of time (not sure of the duration). Prior to that it will always open when pushed. Once locked, open as you've been doing or double click the fob unlock button if you have it on you. It's not a flaw with the car.

Registered
The charging door locks after a period of time (not sure of the duration). Prior to that it will always open when pushed. Once locked, open as you've been doing or double click the fob unlock button if you have it on you. It's not a flaw with the car.
Thanks, however I did all that and it still won't open when touched. Maybe my dry finger tips. Have problems with touch screens sometimes. Guessing it requires conductive interaction???

1 - 20 of 48 Posts