Kia EV6 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

Registered
Thanks, however I did all that and it still won't open when touched. Maybe my dry finger tips. Have problems with touch screens sometimes. Guessing it requires conductive interaction???
First thing they showed us at the dealer is if the charging door opening gets fussy it鈥檚 the rubber do-dad on the inside of the door.
It presses against the button.

It gets jazzed and one smartly pushes it back into its mounting hole.
That鈥檚 what they told us.

Registered
105f Wifie gets in and the Air Conditioning delivers immediate cold. No delay nor hot blast of air. Seat cooling instantly, no delay either.

Cold Mornings forgets to pre-climate-tize no problem instant heat, instant warm seat, instant warm steering wheel and the defogger up to snuff on duty too.
Wow, that is nice an EV does that. In my brand new 2022 GMC it is roll the windows down immediately for climate control matching.. as in let the 140F air out and the 105F air in.. then drive 1 mile to get some cool air finally going in the vents, and windows up, drive another mile and you are lucky if you dont feel like you need a sweat towel still.

Registered
Wow, that is nice an EV does that. In my brand new 2022 GMC it is roll the windows down immediately for climate control matching.. as in let the 140F air out and the 105F air in.. then drive 1 mile to get some cool air finally going in the vents, and windows up, drive another mile and you are lucky if you dont feel like you need a sweat towel still.
Yeah I hear ya we experience the same. I should have mentioned that we have a 2021 GMC 3500 and it was in comparison.

Heat/cooling pumps in vehicles has been around awhile. Finally making it mainstream.

We like this EV6 so much we want the 575 HP GT. As soon as available we鈥檒l no doubt get one.

BTW: We were in Malibu yesterday for lunch and had to park up on an awkward and hard to get at steep, high dirt berm.

The Kia AWD is more like 4WD and handled the technical climb easily.

Lobster tacos at the Sunset Restaurant :
Food Tableware Recipe Ingredient Plate

Registered
2022 EV6 Wind AWD + Tech, Steel Gray
Thanks, however I did all that and it still won't open when touched. Maybe my dry finger tips. Have problems with touch screens sometimes. Guessing it requires conductive interaction???
It's not a touch thing, there is a button you have to push the door hard enough to press the hidden button. Sort of like the manual door lock/unlock on the Wind edition

Registered
Sound advice but... what's to stop someone wandering down the street picking any vehicle they fancy and getting some 'show' plates made up ?
Why not just sit comfortably at home and get some specific information like the colour and location? If you clone a Scottish plate to use in London, it's less likely to ping ANPR cameras in two locations in the same city at the same time.

Premium Member
2022 EV6 First Edition Glacier/Green interior
No, it is a microswitch. It requires a press immediately over the edge of the door matching the protrusion on the inside of the door. It's pretty much centered on the left edge.

Registered
Yes, me and my wife love our new Runway Red GT-Line AWD. We鈥檝e had it a couple months and have over 2000 miles on it. No issues, everything works great but I鈥檝e decided to install a different subwoofer in the back as the factory one is imperceptible.

Handles great in the snow, love the AWD. Our first EV and a technology marvel. Fun to drive.

Registered
Yeah I hear ya we experience the same. I should have mentioned that we have a 2021 GMC 3500 and it was in comparison.

Heat/cooling pumps in vehicles has been around awhile. Finally making it mainstream.

We like this EV6 so much we want the 575 HP GT. As soon as available we鈥檒l no doubt get one.

BTW: We were in Malibu yesterday for lunch and had to park up on an awkward and hard to get at steep, high dirt berm.

The Kia AWD is more like 4WD and handled the technical climb easily.

Lobster tacos at the Sunset Restaurant :
View attachment 8468
Lobster tacos?? I think you can afford the GT!馃ぉ

Registered
No, it is a microswitch. It requires a press immediately over the edge of the door matching the protrusion on the inside of the door. It's pretty much centered on the left edge.
Thanks for the post. Funny, the the learning curve on the EV6 is little more broad. I wondered about
this subject. I looked on the inside of door flap, and, wallah, I see where I need to push now. I was all
over that area, now, dead center!馃

Registered
Yeah. I like it. I'm coming up on a full year with the car and I've got things I like and things I don't. Top of my dislikes is my stereo amplifier has malfunctioned and getting this fixed is going to be a pain. I'm not thrilled with Kia America for failing to provide the software updates needed for battery preconditioning for early 2022 models -- which if it ever comes out will require a service department appointment not the over the air updates Kia hinted at last year. The phone app is frankly slow, unreliable crap -- relying as it does on Verizon Wireless instead of also having a WiFi antenna so that it could at least work when parked at home.

Registered
If I could get the defects fixed I鈥檓 sure it would be a great car for a long time. As is trying to get those repairs is super frustrating enough to not choose Kia again just for this reason.
Just trying to get the car you ordered from them is frustrating enough! I will never have another Kia even if they give thrm away as Christmas gifts!

Reactions: stephant2021

Registered
'22 EV6 Wind AWD (tech, red)
I like this car quite a bit, I don't 100% love it. The lack of software updates, especially battery preconditioning is a major disappointment in the winter. The Kia app is okay, but not great. My broken interior 120V outlet is an annoyance, but fixable soon-ish (and hopefully the small clink whenever I tap the brakes at low speed). My local dealership was pretty good to buy from, but their service department kind of sucks which affects my thoughts on the car. The lack of mount points for a roof rack and no 40/20/40 (or ski-pass through) rear seats is another small disappointment. The headlights are also okay, but worse than my last car.

That being said, I'm not negative about the car and really do like it quite a bit. The car drives well and has a good balance of comfort / sport. The summer efficiency is great, and the charging speed (when warm enough) is great. The HVAC system works well, the car is comfortable and seats decently adjustable, the sound system now seems fine, and the tech is overall good. Currently there just aren't enough good EVs out yet for everyone to have the perfect car and this car overall won out even if the competition was better in certain areas for me.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts